I have repeatedly replaced the door springs in my Whirlpool / KitchenAid microwave oven and paid a great deal of money to do so.These spring last about six months before they break again.

The dealer service techs now tell me that the design is fundamentally defective and that the door springs cannot be permanently repaired or even repaired so that they will last a few years. I called Whirlpool (the manufacturer) and they said that there was nothing that they could do. They were ever-so polite and condescending that I could hardly stand it. I told them that I wanted at least the replacement parts if not a replacement microwave.

They said that they could not do that. I told then that they should be ashamed that they would not take responsibility for a defective product that they obviously knew was defective within the first six months after they began selling them. I think that this company should be avoided. I believe that they put out some very defective products and maybe some good ones but there is no way for a regular consumer to tell which is which.

I highly recommend that Whirlpool / KitchenAid / Maytag be avoided.

I will certainly never buy their products again.In short, I believe that their appliances are often just ***!

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

timoneill101

:( FYI everyone, Melanie at Whirlpool was a waste of time.She sent me a $100 rebate coupon that would be useful only if I were to purchase two additional Whirlpool/ KitchenAid appliances.

(that works out to be $50 per appliance) I don't know why these people think I would ever purchase another of their appliances. I think these people are still tying to "work" me. In my opinion everyone should avoid this company until they begin to engineer and produce higher quality abd durable appliances. I don't think that this will ever happen.

I guess that they didn't understand what happened to the auto industry when they wouldn't produce a high quality automobile.On the other hand, there are still a lot of fools out there that will buy thier products....not me.

WP2008

Hello Timoneill10.My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your microwave. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, review number 311887, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.

WP2008

Hello Timoneill10.My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.