La Center, Washington

I have a high end Kitchen Aid dishwasher that slowly went down hill.Wouldn't clean good a little water in remained in the tub from the last wash, then increased to more water left in the tub from last wash cycle.

Till finally I had to do something. I did some research and came up with a circuit board problem. All function are controlled by the same Board. Now first we must say circuit boards are cheaper to manufacture than a mechanical timer assy.

Circuit boards can be made of quality components that will last for a long long time. I have an electronic engineer friend that works for a large international semi conductor manufacturer. He has always been in the failure analysis field and is now the dept director. His take is the quality of the electronic components used on the board are Inferior.

About the same quality used to make a musical greeting card or perhaps a cheap toy. The appliance repair person I talked to said Whirlpool has bought out many other companies and that all there products now exhibit a high incident rate of the same type of failures, Cheap Junk Circuit Boards. Buyer Beware.

I you are in the marker for new appliances do the research, find out who actually built the product, is it Whirlpool?

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

WP2008

Hello Jimbo2468.My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, the review number 294654, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Melanie.