Gladwin, Michigan

I purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher in March 2011 from Lowes, I chose the KitchenAid brand and paid a slightly higher amount as I was told they are well built and work better than any other brand on the market, and because I thought they would stand by their product. In December 2012 the upper rack adjuster broke because it is made of plastic and the dishwasher has the lift higher feature, that is used quite a bit.

I contacted customer service and they said the part was out of stock and finally in late January I received the replacement part, Last week it broke again same place so I contacted customer service again and I asked them if anyone else has this issue and I was told they could not discuss this with me but there is no recall. was told I am sorry but the part is in stock call Marcone to order the part.

The cost is 40.00 plus shipping, I am so angry right now, I have a dishwasher that is useless. without the top rack in the upper spray unit will not work.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kitchenaid Dishwasher.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 05, 2013.

Comments

A bunch of dishes broke when the rack fell and some glass got into the motor. 400 dollars to replace the motor.

KitchenAid says "so sorry, not a thing we can do." Had the machine for just over 2 years. Seeing how many complaints there are about the cheap plastic holding the wheels on to the rack I think it is time for a recall.