London, Ontario
100% full Not resolved

Do not let the "KitchenAid" brand fool you!I've gone through TWO of the exact same mixers, both only lasted 1.5 years and both broke the same way!

When my first mixer broke only 1.5 years into using it, KitchenAid customer service offered me to pay $150.00 to send a replacement mixer. They said this mixer must have been defective. I was not impressed to pay the $150.00 for a company error such as a defective product. This should have been their responsibility to stand behind their product!

I paid the $150.00 for the replacement mixer, which I was assured would not happen again. Not only did the exact same issue happen again, it actually lasted the exact same amount of time- 1.5 years! How this company gets by selling an $800.00 mixer that completely breaks down within 1.5 years (half a year outside of the warranty by the way), is beyond me. So we phoned KitchenAid customer service once again explaining everything expecting them to replace this faulty product.

Not only did they not offer to fix it, or replace it, or for me to pay $150.00 for a new one, but they offered 15% off a new mixer! Why would I spend another 800$ on a NEW KitchenAid product KNOWING it only lasts 1.5 years and KNOWING how terrible they treat their customer and their own company doesn't even stand behind their products. By 'breaking down' I mean it completely stops mixing and makes a loud sound as if the motor is breaking down. It is completely useless.

I own a custom cake company and we used it for icings & small batch batters in addition to our larger mixer. Never used it for anything strenuous like bread or pizza dough (although you would hope it could handle that also-it does come with a bread hook after all). I will never buy another KitchenAid product ever again, I strongly DO NOT recommend this product! I'm sure KitchenAid has other products that work fine, however, after experiencing their useless terrible customer service I will never trust their brand on another product.

If they can't even stand behind their product(s)/brand then how can you feel good about buying it?The second you have a problem-they're gone!

Review about: Kitchenaid Warranty.

Preferred solution: Replacement Product for one that actually works.

I liked: Previous history with product, Look of product.

I didn't like: Defective product, Cheap handle, Refusal to correct the problem and admit it is a lemon, Poor quality parts, Bad customer service.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion