Ease of Use
Style and Design

I was given my mixer as an anniversary gift in September 2017.On December 28th, while making one of Kitchenaid's own recipes, the gear broke and the mixer was unusable.

I called customer service where I was promised a call back in 40 minutes, when the call back finally came in, I answered and they hung up. I had to call back. Once I got through the person was very helpful, clearly this isn't a new issue and they offered to send me a new mixer, no questions asked. Great - except it was going to take 7-10 business days.

I asked for expedited delivery, I even offered to pay for it - no go. I waited patiently while my entire vacation, when I was planning to use all the new attachments I had received for Christmas, came and went, then finally called them today to get the tracking number. First I'm told the order went in on Jan 2 - when I questioned that and reminded her I called on Dec 28, she back tracked and said, oh yes, I mean Dec 28. She then told me that they hadn't sent my mixer at all - that right at that moment it was on the dock waiting for FedEx and it wasn't their fault, it was the "inclement weather" there in Michigan.

So they are telling me FedEx hasn't been working for 2 weeks over the holiday period...? and if that is, in fact, true, why not provide the replacement from another location, perhaps Ohio where they are made?? I told them I wanted to her to get approval for me to go and buy a mixer locally instead as I didn't trust I would ever get it as more "inclement weather" is expected and I shouldn't have to wait any longer. She was incredibly sarcastic as she told me that I should go right ahead and do that as that was absolutely my prerogative and my right.

I asked her how they were going to pay for it, and she replied oh no, they absolutely would not pay for it, but I should just go ahead and buy a new mixer if I wanted to. I am fuming - I have an expensive mixer that lasted 3 months, no one bothered to tell me they hadn't gotten around to sending my replacement, and the level of sarcasm and out and out untruths from customer service is unacceptable.

We'll see if it actually arrives anytime soon, but I am looking into other brands as I can't see myself giving my money to Kitchenaid again.Product issues I can forgive, poor customer service I cannot.

Review about: Kitchenaid Mixer Replacement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service after having an issue.