1.4

I purchased a full KitchenAid kitchen and spent close to

$5,000 for one of their top of the line refrigerators, dishwasher and stove. The refrigerator started getting rust spots on the stainless front less than 1 year later after purchase and when I called, they sent me a 'brightener' as they called it which did nothing and the issue is getting progressively worse.

When I called a second time I was told that they would not back the product and if I had it repaired then I was responsible for all costs. I have never had a stainless appliance rust. Obviously they use inferior materials but charge a superior price.

KitchenAid is all hype. I will NEVER buy another KitchenAid appliance or any KitchenAid brand item!

Product or Service Mentioned: Kitchenaid Refrigerator.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want the refrigerator front replaced..

KitchenAid Pros: Past performence.

KitchenAid Cons: Quality of products and customer service.

• Kitchenaid Customer Service

Comments

I have a 15 year old frig all full upright freezer stainless steel by frigidaire spent less than half for these two than i spent for the small frig freezer combo by kitchenaid and there still is no rust on them and they were never looked after and are in a damp basement but my kitchenaid whuch was better looked after is full of rust spots. Dont buy kitchenaid

AgreeableMeerkat337

Same problem here....wish I had seen this before we spent our $ on a full Kitchenaide kitchen. Side by side refrigerator almost $3K and over a dozen spots of rust. Getting worse every day...not even 2 years old.

UsefulSpiderMonkey242
#1720960

I have had my refrigerator for less than a year and it has small rust spots ALL over, including the side of the doors and drawer! I bought the cleaner they recommended They told me they would charge me $120 service charge if they come out and it’s not covered—-um wouldn’t you know this in advance.

They’ve had horrible customer service every time I have contacted kitchen aid. My 36” dual fuel range had something spill on cook top. They have NO advice on what to use to clean it with that won’t scratch the black surface.

That’s not their concern i was told, as long as it still cooks properly. WHAT!?!

Our appliances also devoted Rudy spot s , the company will not take responsibility for it . As a designer I will steer all customers away from any products from the Whirlpool family .

Same issue a little over a year and have noticed tiny rust spots where the handles are. I heard baking soda made into a paste and gently rub.

So, that is my next step....but I have issues with this expensive appliance, like the gaskets around the door had to be replaced, got all mold behind it, food towards the back of the counter depth refrigerator gets frost bitten and it says 40 degrees, where ?

in the front but not the back ? I'm from Florida

I also have rust spots on both my KitchenAid Refrigerator and dishwasher. All new appliances in my new home.

Rust spots appeared in less than a year. My double oven and microwave have not rusted yet. Whirlpool/KitchenAid has the WORST customer service. I was able to get new refrigerator doors which both already have several rust spots forming in less than a month!

They are telling me to use their Affresh product again which never worked in the first place. Avoid this brand! My neighbors who purchased their homes around same time as me have same issue.

Many disgruntled customers here with no resolution from Whirlpool/Kitchen-Aid! Even though this company seems to offer assistance with replies to contact them on forums like this.

I have the same problem! 2 years old and recently bought matching dishwasher and microwave, which are not rusting (yet).

We too have found a rust spot on the water dispenser side door of our 5 door Kitchenaid refrigerator. Very tiny spot but definitely rust.

bought in Sept 2016.

We have enjoyed this refrigerator otherwise but only being two years old, come on, I expected this to last many, many years and hoped to use this brand in our home we plan to build next year when we retire. Now we are having second thoughts....

WP2008

Hello user44621298, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at NAR_Customer_Solutions@KitchenAid.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from pissedconsumer into the email as well.