Verified Reviewer

After 6 years with this refrigerator, I am done. 4 or 5 replacements, freezer just stopped working ice maker after last replacement worked a couple of days and stopped.

$3200 for a fridge and we had extended warranty to 5 years and then right after that it all came tumbling down. These refrigerators should be replaced. Now here were are looking at new refrigerator, and Kitchenaid and Whirlpool will not be on my list.

I tried to buy American but its not worth paying extra anymore. Clean up the act companies.

User's recommendation: check reviews on all appliances before you drop money. Unfortunately, buy the extended warranty.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kitchenaid Krmf706Ess00 Refrigerator.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

KitchenAid Pros: Appearance and reputation.

KitchenAid Cons: Ice maker constantly quitting from day one did not make good ice.

Comments

#2013596

Ice makers are not a great idea. Most of the service lines become moldy quickly and are not improved even by obsessive filter changing.

Advice : never buy 'extended warranties' ; the only ones who benefit are the sellers. They're not the same as 'factory' warranty but more like insurance ; get you back to where you were yesterday, before this happened ; maybe.

#2013886
@PissedConsumer2013596

Agreed on the icemaker issue. I made the mistake of buying a product in the first round.

The fridge was loud and I didn't think much of it til I bought the new refrigerator this past month. First off so quiet, second did my reviews and I went to LG. Also, didn't spend the kind of money we did the first time. So if they keep with this attitude then who will buy upperend appliances that only work for less than 5 to 6 years.

I am sad I had to replace the fridge, but so happy that I can move forward and my ice is so clear. and perfect. The one thing that it never was from day one of purchase. Amazing.

Sorry Kitchenaid you blew it on the fridge.

And anyone who is buying a fridge which is two people now. I told them not to buy Kitchenaid.

KitchenAid Reviews