Resolved
1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user Jul 18

After 38 days without a working refrigerator, KitchenAid delivered a replacement. Had the warranty repair been a broken shelf or a malfunctioning ice maker, 38 days might be a reasonable time. Failing to repair or replace a major appliance like this that has completely failed should take days, not weeks.38 days is just not acceptable.

Original review posted by user Jun 18

This expensive French door refrigerator was installed April 20, 2017 and failed 6 weeks later, spoiling all the frozen food.Neither the freezer nor the refrigerator would cool.

Took a week to get a repair scheduled and they did not come with parts. KitchenAid now says the parts are not in stock. Initially they said they would replace the refrigerator, but three days later they said they would not and would continue to search for parts. They cannot give me an estimate for repair time.

I have had to purchase a mini fridge and I am seriously considering a lawsuit.

I don't care what it costs.I have had it with this unresponsive company.

Review about: Kitchenaid Krfc704fss Refrigerator.

I liked: Design look of product.

I didn't like: Quality of products and customer service, Bad customer service, Defective products, Unreliable poorly made product, Lack of interest to solve problem, Poor customer service, This refrigerator failed after 6 weeks.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

Camden, Arkansas, United States #1348730

I feel the same way about kitchen aide.

They did the same thing to me.

They kept all of my money after I sent the product back.I am thinking of filing a law suit too.

to Anonymous Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States #1348737

Sorry to hear that.For a company with a reputation for quality they don't seem to much care about faulty production.

It will be six weeks tomorrow that we have not had a working refrigerator.They claim they will replace it but so far....nothing.

WP2008

We definitely understand your frustrations and would be more than happy to check on this further for you. If you could, please send an email to us at KitchenAid_Digital@KitchenAid.com with your full name, address, a phone number where you may be reached, and the full model and serial number.

Lukonr
to WP2008 Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States #1342373

OK.you got that yesterday.

I still do not have a working refrigerator.

KitchenAid maintains they sent parts on Monday to the one and only authorized repair company but that company has not confirmed receipt of the parts and does not return my calls or emails.I am advised that Magnuson-Moss (lemon law) normally requires three visits and thirty days but there may be exceptions.

Oh.

Ouch.

Did you buy it from a reputable local appliance dealer ?

Or ( Bwahahahaha) a superstore ?

You shouldn't have to be dealing directly with the company at this point.

to Anonymous Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States #1341585

I bought it from Best Buy.They refer you to the manufacturer and the manufacturer's warranty.

They want to sell you Geek Squad protection so their attitude seems to be "you should have spent an extra $500 for our protection.Since you didn't, too bad".

to Lukonr #1393494

Unfortunately without the GSP you would have to deal with the manufacturer to resolve this defective unit issue.There are several things wrong here but I will just stick to the immediate issue or of restoring the quality of life for you and your family.

If this issue is indeed still unresolved you can do the following, speak directly with the GM of the purchasing store to make him aware of your experience and disappointment with your treatment and non ownership of applying a proper resolution.

To re-establish your faith in the Best Buy brand. Reminding him that it was this established brand loyalty that brought you into the store in the first place.

If that does not nudge them in the right direction request that an escalation is submitted on your behalf and a client resolution manager will be assigned your case and will advocate on your behalf towards a more satisfactory resolution. You made your purchase in good faith believing that the unit would be fully operational. And since it wasn't Best Buy has an obligation to stand behind their product and brand.

You should not be further inconvenienced with a defective product that arrived from the manufacturer in this condition.

Lastly if all else fail request the name of the local Deputy Field Marshall who can leverage with the store to utilize established processes to resolve this.I'm sorry this has been your overall experience, good luck.