Featured Not resolved
1.2
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I purchased a KitchenAid Range, model KGRS205TSS5, a few years ago and the knobs are a hazard twofold. The first problem and design flaw is the position of the knobs directly above the oven vent.

If the oven is used the heat from the vent melts the plastic coating around the stainless steal knobs. I replaced those when this first occurred but it happened again so now I live with melted knobs. I'm not sure if this is a fire hazard but to be safe I take those off if I use the oven. The other design flaw is the sleeves of the knobs that attach those to the range are made of plastic and break easily.

The *** can turn the burner on but to turn it off it goes around and around. Unless you are paying close attention it looks like the gas is off but may not be. Very dangerous as gas could fill the home and any open flame could cause a fire or explosion. We would prefer that we and our guests not get harmed by this.

Even though we purchased this range a few years ago it has had little use so I contacted KitchenAid asking if they could send a replacement *** at no charge (it was out of warranty but it was a design flaw not wear and tear). I spent 61 minutes with customer service describing the situation to 3 different people. The first seemed to take copious notes and said she would forward the information to the next person who would assist me in getting a replacement part. She seemed to agree that it should be replaced at no charge because of the danger.

Great. After having to explain the situation in detail again the next person pretty much laughed at me and said not a chance. I asked to be transferred back to the original person and got a new person. Again, after another explanation...

not a chance and she wanted to send me to yet another person. I gave up. The communication between departments is nonexistent and what one person agrees to does not transfer to the next person. I would have not spent 61 minutes on this if the first person had simply told me no.

I would have then purchased the part and gone on with the day. Bottom line is... the product is flawed and could be a fire hazard.

You will waste time with their customer service. Beware if you buy this range and expect poor customer service with KitchenAid.

Review about: Kitchenaid Kgrs205Tss5 Range.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

WP2008

Hi user69619431, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at NAR_Customer_Solutions@KitchenAid.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from pissedconsumer into the email as well.

to WP2008 #1553146

Hi Kitchen Aid, so sorry for the delay. I just saw this message.

KitchenAid Range, model KGRS205TSS5.

Please give me a call in phone number as I don't want to share private information in this post. Thank you,