We have six year old Kitchen Aid sie by side refrigerator Model KSBP23INSS00.The refrigerator and the freezer have both stopped working.

An authorized Whirlpool/Kitchen Aid Technician checked the unit and told us the main control board was faulty and that there could be possibly other problems but he would'nt know until after the circuit board was replaced part number W10219463 but the part he told us is no longer manufactured and not available.

We researched this ourselves on the internet and he is indeed correct. I called Whirlpool and the service representative told me that it's on backorder. When I asked how long it has been on backorder he said a few months (I call BS). Asked when it was expected to be in he said he couldn't say.

"But" he said Whirlpool had a policy to help customers like ourselves that have had a bad experience and would credit the cost of the service call to check our fridge ($100.00) toward the purchase of a new Kitchen Aid appliance. This refrigerator cost us over $2,600.00. Due to the circumstances I told him we were not about to buy another KA appliance and would not accept his "kind" offer.

He asked if there was "anything else he could do to help me" and then thank you for calling Whirlpool and have a good day.Needless to say but we will never buy another Whirlpool or Kitchen Aid product of any type.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

WP2008
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States #641903

Hello 8514GHS.My name is Amber and I am a representative with KitchenAid.

We truly apologize for the frustrating experience you have endured regarding your side by side refrigerator. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at KitchenAid.Digital@KitchenAid.com and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer) along with your user name and your ticket number (41329).

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Best regards, Amber.