1.8

On August 31, 2020 my KItchenAid refrigerator was delivered. It ran until Nov 26.

It is covered by a warranty from Whirlpool Corporation. We have had three service calls in December and the refrigerator cannot be repaired. A fourth service call had to be cancelled because the Whirlpool warehouse is working with half staff due to vacations. I have been refused a store credit to obtain a working refrigerator by representatives of Whirlpool Appliance Care of Texas cannot get through to Whirlpool to obtain repair parts.

Best Buys will not replace this with a different refrigerator until they have authorization from Whirlpool. I have taken the trouble to write to six members of the executive board of Whirlpool but they are all on lenghty vacations. Throughout the holiday period my family's new KitchenAid refrigerator has failed us.

Whirlpool has made no useful response. A

User's recommendation: Although KitchenAid has had a very good reputation for a long time, they are now making an inferior refrigerator. Despite many years of good reputation, Whirlpool Corporation has let my family down.

KitchenAid Pros: Past performance and reputation.

KitchenAid Cons: Customer service response time is poor, Warranty repair only no exchange, Subpar quality.

Location: 6001 Northwest Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238

Comments

#1978293

Whirlpool continued to refuse to replace refrigerator. I filed complaint with BBB.

That got me an offer of a check for the amount and to have JB Hunt pick up the broken fridge. The broken fridge is still in my garage. Awaiting check. I have filed with small claims court in Bexar County, Texas.

We went ahead and bought a refrigerator. Not the same brand.

KitchenAid Reviews