Update by user May 11

I would like to say KitchenAid has contacted me and resolved my issue. This Wed 5/9/18 they delivered to me a brand new range and removed the one I had.

I would like to Thank KitchenAid for stepping up and standing behind their product. I have only had this one a couple of days I pray it will not have the same issue.

Also thank this site for getting my complaint out there. I was not getting answers in the beginning.

Original review posted by user Apr 11

I ordered my new KitchenAid double oven online and rec'd it Feb 3 weeks ago I noticed pieces in the bottom of my oven. Thinking it must be food that dropped off in the bottom of the oven I reached in to pick it up it was sharp and stuck in my figure.

I realized it was not food but pieces of porcelain popping off oven. I called service to come and look at it a week later I still did not hear from anyone of how this was going to be resolve. I called to check the the service person that came out to look at it said the ticket had been closed and I would need to call the company direct. I called the number he gave me and they tell me it is cosmetic and not covered.

This is not cosmetic it is part of my oven that goes hand in hand of what makes it a self cleaning oven. It is getting worse. I am told I should have called it in within 30 days. So again it is not covered.

My thinking is as soon as I use my self cleaning option and the oven reaches the high temp it will pop off even more. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. I PAID ALMOST $2000 FOR THIS STOVE AND IT SHOULD BE VERY GOOD QUALITY.

THIS IS NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER SPENT THIS MUCH MONEY FOR A STOVE AND BEEN THIS DISAPPOINTED.

Review about: Kitchenaid Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: REPLACE MY RANGE WITH A NEW ONE .

I didn't like: Quality for price paid, Porcelain inside of oven is popping off.

Comments

WP2008

Hi FirsthandHorse. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your KitchenAid Oven.

If you still need assistance, please provide us with your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (pissedconsumer), your user ID name (FirsthandHorse), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to NAR_Customer_Solutions@KitchenAid.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further.