Homestead, Florida

I purchased a Kitchenaid refrigerator a little over 5 years ago. It died. Kitchenaid says they stopped making parts for it. I must wait on their mercy for a decision as to whether or not they are going to replace it and have me pay them for depreciation on the old one. I past almost $7,700.00 for the unit. I have three small children, all under the ages of 12. I simply can't function without a refrigerator. Kitchenaid has washed their hands with this. They know that people will simply go buy a new refrigerator rather than tough it out for a few months.

I am furious and will never buy another whirlpool product.

Review about: Kitchenaid Kssc42Qts02 Built-In Refrigerator.

I didn't like: How they have treated me.

2.4
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $7700
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

Mike
Delray Beach, Florida, United States #1150207

What does the age and that you have children have to do with it? Quit whining and spend the money to have it repaired. At over 4 years past the warranty, you did well.

You had the choice of buying an appliance warranty.

mattchoo
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States #900909

When they offer you an extended warranty, take it!If you shop at Sears, they have an even better plan to give more life to your appliances.

When things like these happen, I have no sympathy for people like you.

You paid 7,000 dollars for a refrigerator?How ***!