My 5 year old Kitchenaid Refrigerator Died and They Simply Don't Care, Model KSSC42QTS02

140 of 452 Kitchenaid reviews

I purchased a Kitchenaid refrigerator a little over 5 years ago. It died. Kitchenaid says they stopped making parts for it. I must wait on their mercy for a decision as to whether or not they are going to replace it and have me pay them for depreciation on the old one. I past almost $7,700.00 for the unit. I have three small children, all under the ages of 12. I simply can't function without a refrigerator. Kitchenaid has washed their hands with this. They know that people will simply go buy a new refrigerator rather than tough it out for a few months.

I am furious and will never buy another whirlpool product.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • How they have treated me

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kitchenaid Kssc42Qts02 Built-In Refrigerator
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #557570 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kitchenaid? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
140 of 452 Kitchenaid reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Mike

Apr 26 #1150207 Delray Beach, Florida, United States

What does the age and that you have children have to do with it? Quit whining and spend the money to have it repaired. At over 4 years past the warranty, you did well.
You had the choice of buying an appliance warranty.

1 0 Reply
mattchoo

Nov 15, 2014 #900909 Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States

When they offer you an extended warranty, take it! If you shop at Sears, they have an even better plan to give more life to your appliances. When things like these happen, I have no sympathy for people like you. You paid 7,000 dollars for a refrigerator? How ***!

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.