Verified Reviewer

Update by user Sep 11, 2020

The KitchenAid refigerator was purchased through BestBuy. What a firm!

I contacted them about my issue within their buyer guarantee (5 days) and requested a direct replacement at no cost. That should arrive on the 15th of September.

I will test that replacement to see if it can produce -5f and see if the issue was a "lemon" or if it systemic for that model. The manufacturer could care less as them have not contacted me.

Original review posted by user Aug 12, 2020

The KitchenAid refrigerator we recently installed (1 week ago on 08/06/2020) model KBFN502ESS02 - a built-in model (at about $9,000.) does not hold -5 degrees *** the freezer. Some of the foods we use like that temperature.

The documentation about the model in the User Manual says the set point for the freezer is -5 degrees F to 3 degrees F. We set -5 F into the system. We today 8/12/2020 had a service tech (factory authorized) check the freezer and he found that the average temp in the freezer from the diagnostic panel showed 0 degrees F over the last 10 hours. The factory rep he talked to said that was within specs.

There are no specs in any document other than the set point can be as stated above.

DO NOT BUY KITCHENAID. There products look good but dont believe any documentation on specs and the factory says tough -----.

User's recommendation: Purchase other brands.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments