Chicago, Illinois
1.1

I was heating up a glass of water and smelled something - and heard some odd noises . I opened the door to the microwave and the ceiling was in flames.

I blew out the flames and was shocked at the damage. I am advised that the flames were right where the sensor is and that the sensor should have turned off the microwave. I called Kitchen Aid and asked if there were recalls or were they aware of the problem. They would not answer this.

They offered me 50% off a whirlpool as long as I bought it within 30 days and a technician got my old one. I did that. But then I read on-line horror stories of the same thing happening to others - I asked for a refund and warranty for life - they refused. I would not have purchased another Kitchen Aid had I been aware of the fact others blew up in flames.

Last Kitchen Aid I purchase. Customer Support was surly and arrogant and claimed they were only "agents" not part of Kitchen Aid.

I am an attorney and when I pressed them for what they meant that they were not part of Kitchen Aid they backed down and said they were "representatives".

Product or Service Mentioned: Kitchenaid Kcms185Jss Microwave.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: lifetime warranty.

• Microwave In Flames