Kitchenaid - Microwave interior in flames
I was heating up a glass of water and smelled something - and heard some odd noises .I opened the door to the microwave and the ceiling was in flames.
I blew out the flames and was shocked at the damage. I am advised that the flames were right where the sensor is and that the sensor should have turned off the microwave. I called Kitchen Aid and asked if there were recalls or were they aware of the problem. They would not answer this.
They offered me 50% off a whirlpool as long as I bought it within 30 days and a technician got my old one. I did that. But then I read on-line horror stories of the same thing happening to others - I asked for a refund and warranty for life - they refused. I would not have purchased another Kitchen Aid had I been aware of the fact others blew up in flames.
Last Kitchen Aid I purchase. Customer Support was surly and arrogant and claimed they were only "agents" not part of Kitchen Aid.
I am an attorney and when I pressed them for what they meant that they were not part of Kitchen Aid they backed down and said they were "representatives".
This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "lifetime warranty" as the author lost $280. vfarrar is overall dissatisfied with Kitchenaid and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.
Also, you can continue reading comments about Kitchenaid.
Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Kitchenaid to other companies on our site.