Kitchenaid - Microwave interior in flames

I was heating up a glass of water and smelled something - and heard some odd noises .I opened the door to the microwave and the ceiling was in flames.

I blew out the flames and was shocked at the damage. I am advised that the flames were right where the sensor is and that the sensor should have turned off the microwave. I called Kitchen Aid and asked if there were recalls or were they aware of the problem. They would not answer this.

They offered me 50% off a whirlpool as long as I bought it within 30 days and a technician got my old one. I did that. But then I read on-line horror stories of the same thing happening to others - I asked for a refund and warranty for life - they refused. I would not have purchased another Kitchen Aid had I been aware of the fact others blew up in flames.

Last Kitchen Aid I purchase. Customer Support was surly and arrogant and claimed they were only "agents" not part of Kitchen Aid.

I am an attorney and when I pressed them for what they meant that they were not part of Kitchen Aid they backed down and said they were "representatives".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Kitchenaid Microwave Model Kcms185Jss 1Za
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #870062 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kitchenaid? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kitchenaid. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Kitchenaid.
Filing a new complaint about