KItchenaid is aware their Ovens Often Malfunctions after using Self Cleaning Feature
In anticipation of Thanksgiving I used the self-cleaning feature on my relatively new (2 1/2 years) old Kitchenaid oven today (Model KEBC107KSS05). After I did this, the oven would not heat up. When I called customer service, I learned that this happens with some frequency when the self-cleaning feature is used. I was advised to turn off all power to the oven for 5 minutes and then turn it back on and that it might reset and work again. It did not.
When I called back to customer service, I was told I would need to make arrangements to have a service call to repair the oven. The second representative confirmed that this type of malfunction is something that is not uncommon and she helpfully advised that she had a similar bad experience using the self-cleaning feature on her oven and she just doesn't use that feature any longer.
It is now 7:30 pm on the night before Thanksgiving where 21 people are scheduled to eat dinner at my home and I now have no way to prepare that meal. I feel that Kitchenaid clearly has sold me an appliance touting a feature that it knows has a high likelihood will ENTIRELY DISABLE THE OVEN. I am guessing I am not the only person who has been in this exact situation on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. The least they could do would be to include a warnign in the product materials or on the oven itself not to use the feature if it happens to be really important to be able to use your oven before a technician can get out and repair it.
This is the sort of knowingly untruthful marketing that should result in a class action lawsuit against Kitchenaid. You shouldn't market an oven as having a useable feature, when in fact there is a pretty darn good chance that using that feature will render the entire oven useless and result in the need for an expensive service call.
I suspect when this problem became known to Kitchenaid corporation, there were managers who had the same thought and who decided not to incur the cost of either re-engineering the product or sending a product advisory to customers, in order to avoid expense and bad press. This is not a company or a product that should be supported.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kebc107Kss05 Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "I just found my receipt of purchase. Today is 12/28/2015. My television was purchased on 01/13/2013. It isn't 2 yrs old yet, Hisense says the television isn't covered because I..."
- "We eat at Cheddars at least once a week. In the past few months, the service and food have taken a nose dive. I complained a couple of months ago..."
- "This is what aweful mess Susan with Mastercuts did. Poor quality work with poor quality hiring by management. This is what i took a picture of still at the store..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."