KITCHENAID FRENCH DOOR KFIS29PBMS 1.5 years old malfunctioning
Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
The issue was never solved by KitchenAid.After 7 visits from BrandSmartUSA technicians, the Insurance purchased with the product refunded us a prorated amount of money and we purchased a new Refrigerator.
I switched to SAMSUNG , 100% made in KOREA. So far so good. I also purchased my new Dryer and Washer from SAMSUNG. Overall, KitchenAid lost almost USD.
5,000 in new purchased plus we told all what happened to our friends and relatives.
KITCHENAID BANNED FROM ANY FUTURE PURCHASE
Original review posted by user Oct 25, 2014
Unit purchased April 2013 in BrandSmartUSA.Over the last few weeks, increased continuous noise, like a buzz; from time to time, another noise like a clack clack for periods of time ( this one seemed to be around the top of the Refrigerator ).
BtandSmartUSA technicians came with "relative efficiency' in their response. First technician found a ball of ice in the evaporator ( lower back section ) after disasembling all the covers. Suggested the evaporator needed to be changed. He cleaned up the ice to give time for the parts to arrive.
Two or three days later another technician came with a different troubleshot, he thought a blower in the top left corner ( ice making system ) was the problem. In a third visit, the first technician came and commented he didn't get the evaporator but a fan for the evaporator, because he didn't think that was the issue, he left without any work done. In a forth visit by the other technician, this would be the 4 technical visit, he changed the fan evaporator ( by the way, evaporator was already forming ice in its top half ), and also the blower on the ice making system. Next day I see there is no ice!!
so I call and they come back. This time, the fifth visit, the ice making device ( the interior unit, the one that actually handles the water and ice), is changed. Next day, today Saturday 25th, there is no ice and still the NOISE is there ( the continuous buzz ).
Ice cubes are very few, small and melt.So, despite 5 visits of BrandSmartUSA technicians and about three weeks, still this unit, PROUDLY ASSEMBLED IN USA, TOP OF THE LINE, doesn't work with barely 1.5 years of being purchased brand new.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Beautiful sales tools
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kfis29Pbms French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We ordered a $3000 microwave/oven combo from Abe's of Maine. The oven arrived and the exterior packaging and oven appeared to be undamaged. We removed most of the packaging, and..."
- "I have a lemon. Kitchenaid fridge 2 1/2 years old now completely worthless. And out of warranty I trusted they could fix. It is not fixable. They..."
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Dear Sir or Madam, I went to Cleveland Clinic located at 2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, Weston, Fl to see Dr. Roger L Charles, MD (Gastroenterology) due to having problem with..."
- "Every one who books a room with book vip needs to know you will not be staying in the "nice owners condos", rather they put you in the old building,..."