Update added by user Dec 04, 2014
The issue was never solved by KitchenAid.After 7 visits from BrandSmartUSA technicians, the Insurance purchased with the product refunded us a prorated amount of money and we purchased a new Refrigerator.
I switched to SAMSUNG , 100% made in KOREA. So far so good. I also purchased my new Dryer and Washer from SAMSUNG. Overall, KitchenAid lost almost USD.
5,000 in new purchased plus we told all what happened to our friends and relatives.
KITCHENAID BANNED FROM ANY FUTURE PURCHASE
Original review posted by user Oct 25, 2014
Unit purchased April 2013 in BrandSmartUSA.Over the last few weeks, increased continuous noise, like a buzz; from time to time, another noise like a clack clack for periods of time ( this one seemed to be around the top of the Refrigerator ).
BtandSmartUSA technicians came with "relative efficiency' in their response. First technician found a ball of ice in the evaporator ( lower back section ) after disasembling all the covers. Suggested the evaporator needed to be changed. He cleaned up the ice to give time for the parts to arrive.
Two or three days later another technician came with a different troubleshot, he thought a blower in the top left corner ( ice making system ) was the problem. In a third visit, the first technician came and commented he didn't get the evaporator but a fan for the evaporator, because he didn't think that was the issue, he left without any work done. In a forth visit by the other technician, this would be the 4 technical visit, he changed the fan evaporator ( by the way, evaporator was already forming ice in its top half ), and also the blower on the ice making system. Next day I see there is no ice!!
so I call and they come back. This time, the fifth visit, the ice making device ( the interior unit, the one that actually handles the water and ice), is changed. Next day, today Saturday 25th, there is no ice and still the NOISE is there ( the continuous buzz ).
Ice cubes are very few, small and melt.So, despite 5 visits of BrandSmartUSA technicians and about three weeks, still this unit, PROUDLY ASSEMBLED IN USA, TOP OF THE LINE, doesn't work with barely 1.5 years of being purchased brand new.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Beautiful sales tools
What I disliked
- Poor quality
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kfis29Pbms French Door Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS30IXWHO at Lowes two years ago. At the time we relied on the salesperson's recommendation and the reputation of the brand...."
- "I purchased a KithchenAid double oven online from a Sears Outlet in Oceonside, CA in September 2013 (I am writing this in December). I have had technicians out to my..."
- "We purchased a Kitchenaid Type 577-1 stainless steel dishwasher and in less than three months it is rusted on every inside panel. Kitchenaid told us that rust was not..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- "I have been a Primus customer for about 8 months and read the bad reviews but decided to give it a try anyway. I can confirm the bad reviews, it..."