KITCHENAID FRENCH DOOR KFIS29PBMS 1.5 years old malfunctioning

Update added by user Dec 04, 2014

The issue was never solved by KitchenAid.After 7 visits from BrandSmartUSA technicians, the Insurance purchased with the product refunded us a prorated amount of money and we purchased a new Refrigerator.

I switched to SAMSUNG , 100% made in KOREA. So far so good. I also purchased my new Dryer and Washer from SAMSUNG. Overall, KitchenAid lost almost USD.

5,000 in new purchased plus we told all what happened to our friends and relatives.

Original review posted by user Oct 25, 2014

Unit purchased April 2013 in BrandSmartUSA.Over the last few weeks, increased continuous noise, like a buzz; from time to time, another noise like a clack clack for periods of time ( this one seemed to be around the top of the Refrigerator ).

BtandSmartUSA technicians came with "relative efficiency' in their response. First technician found a ball of ice in the evaporator ( lower back section ) after disasembling all the covers. Suggested the evaporator needed to be changed. He cleaned up the ice to give time for the parts to arrive.

Two or three days later another technician came with a different troubleshot, he thought a blower in the top left corner ( ice making system ) was the problem. In a third visit, the first technician came and commented he didn't get the evaporator but a fan for the evaporator, because he didn't think that was the issue, he left without any work done. In a forth visit by the other technician, this would be the 4 technical visit, he changed the fan evaporator ( by the way, evaporator was already forming ice in its top half ), and also the blower on the ice making system. Next day I see there is no ice!!

so I call and they come back. This time, the fifth visit, the ice making device ( the interior unit, the one that actually handles the water and ice), is changed. Next day, today Saturday 25th, there is no ice and still the NOISE is there ( the continuous buzz ).

Ice cubes are very few, small and melt.So, despite 5 visits of BrandSmartUSA technicians and about three weeks, still this unit, PROUDLY ASSEMBLED IN USA, TOP OF THE LINE, doesn't work with barely 1.5 years of being purchased brand new.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor quality

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kitchenaid Kfis29Pbms French Door Refrigerator
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #550391 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kitchenaid? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 24, 2014 #905311 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

We ended being paid the pro-rated insured value and buying a new Samsung refrigerator. In fact, dryer and washer were also purchased to Samsung.
As a result I banned KitchenAid from my house, great ideas and features but poor quality and support.
I have to say that BrandSmartUSA was diligent trying to solve the issue but they couldn't

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.