Santa Barbara, California
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

Purchased the oven new in 2010. Started noticing about a year ago, bubbling and then flaking in the finish around the glass window in the oven door. The finish has continued to deteriorate: the bubbling and flaking is continuing (right to left) across the entire lower edge of the window. Where the finish is gone, rusting is occurring.

Used the self-cleaning option twice as I haven't really used the oven all that much. Lately, I haven't used the self cleaning at all for fear of the window blowing out.

Never used any caustic product on the door.

KitchenAid doesn't appear to manufacture oven anymore, nor can I find a door replacement. So, for over $2000, we are left with an unsightly oven that also could be a hazard to use.

I would urge anyone to steer clear of their products as we also bought stove top and refrigerator at the same time: problems ensued.

I liked: Look of product.

I didn't like: Quality of products and customer service.

2.3
Style and Design
Ease of Use
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $2500
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.