Kitchenaid Electric Oven door failure
Purchased the oven new in 2010. Started noticing about a year ago, bubbling and then flaking in the finish around the glass window in the oven door. The finish has continued to deteriorate: the bubbling and flaking is continuing (right to left) across the entire lower edge of the window. Where the finish is gone, rusting is occurring.
Used the self-cleaning option twice as I haven't really used the oven all that much. Lately, I haven't used the self cleaning at all for fear of the window blowing out.
Never used any caustic product on the door.
KitchenAid doesn't appear to manufacture oven anymore, nor can I find a door replacement. So, for over $2000, we are left with an unsightly oven that also could be a hazard to use.
I would urge anyone to steer clear of their products as we also bought stove top and refrigerator at the same time: problems ensued.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Ease of Use|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Look of product
What I disliked
- Quality of products and customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I purchased a Kitchenaid refrigerator a little over 5 years ago. It died. Kitchenaid says they stopped making parts for it. I must wait on their mercy..."
- "Rude staff. *** women. Cheap ***. *** made in China grumpy workers. No one around to help. Bathrooms locked. Rude. Nasty. BE READY FOR...... - extreme expectations - no training - low..."
- "Have a new house built in 2010 with 40 Marvin casement style, metal clad, wood windows with retractable screens; 4 metal clad wood sliding doors with low profile sills; and..."
- "Lindsay from Santa Barbara, CA. Loyal customer since 2009 event after thousands dollars spent with minimal satisfaction as hair removal machines were out dated & didn't seem to be effective...."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "I received the order for 4 x Samsung Level U PRO BLACK after 2 weeks. I have contact them by e-mail because this company does not have a phone number..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."