Kitchenaid Electric Oven door failure
Purchased the oven new in 2010. Started noticing about a year ago, bubbling and then flaking in the finish around the glass window in the oven door. The finish has continued to deteriorate: the bubbling and flaking is continuing (right to left) across the entire lower edge of the window. Where the finish is gone, rusting is occurring.
Used the self-cleaning option twice as I haven't really used the oven all that much. Lately, I haven't used the self cleaning at all for fear of the window blowing out.
Never used any caustic product on the door.
KitchenAid doesn't appear to manufacture oven anymore, nor can I find a door replacement. So, for over $2000, we are left with an unsightly oven that also could be a hazard to use.
I would urge anyone to steer clear of their products as we also bought stove top and refrigerator at the same time: problems ensued.
More Review Details
|Ease of Use|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Look of product
What I disliked
- Quality of products and customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "It started acting up at about 18 months old, it would not run through the cycles properly, in fact it would do only one cycle and show a completed wash. I..."
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "Have a new house built in 2010 with 40 Marvin casement style, metal clad, wood windows with retractable screens; 4 metal clad wood sliding doors with low profile sills; and..."
- "This company is exactly what everyone says it is......FRAUD. As a true sucker, I purchased $190 dollars for good brass knuckle paperweights only to get bent over and given the..."
- "Lindsay from Santa Barbara, CA. Loyal customer since 2009 event after thousands dollars spent with minimal satisfaction as hair removal machines were out dated & didn't seem to be effective...."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."