Ease of Use
Style and Design

Update by user May 26

Check out the comments 6 months to say we'll you don't have it anymore nothing we can do. I never said I didn't have it anymore I said I bought a new one. come get it!

Original review posted by user Nov 07, 2016

We bought a new set of aplliances about 20 months ago now and among them was a kitchenaid diswasher.I have to say I have never in my life had so many problems with anything i have purchased.

It was about a month into ownership and the thing was loud (I MEAN LOUD) right out of the box and one day it doesnt drain. So since under warranty we call for repair. We meet the repair man (*** work) and it turns out there was anpiece of glass in the drain pump. The repair guy says thats my fault because i must have broke a glass in the dishwasher.

Now to be fair that could have happend but it didnt. I would remember breaking a glass in the past month and i didn't. That pump grinding noise was glass in the pump. So cleaned it out and left.

Couple weeks later the pump fails. The replace i think we are done. Then the washer pump fails so the company replaces the tub under warranty. Fast forward a couple more months and the dishwasher starts leaking about twice a month.

We call for repair and they tell us unless its leaking everytime we run it there is nothing they can do to fix but make some suggestions (rinse dishes before putting in, use less soap check spray arm for cracks etc. Frusterated we do all that the warranty expires and it still leaks. We thing from the overflow valve but hard to say since we are usually not home. At this piont the hardwood floor in the kitchen is buckling because of all the water leaking and standing on it about every 2 weeks.

Repair people wont come out because they say cut your losses you bought a lemon go buy a new one so about a month ago thats what i did. I wanted to wait a month to post this because i wasnt 100% certain it wasnt the plumbing but because of where the water stains on the floor were i figured it wasnt and the new dishwasher fixed. LEMON major repair 3 times in the first year didnt make it 2 years and destroyed our floor. In a just world kitchenaid would repair the floor and refund or replace the unit.

In the real world they wont return calls and you are on your own. Buyer beware. The great thing about the internet though is there is nothing stopping me from going online and telling everyone not to buy the highest rated dishwasher. Ill take them down a few stars!!

I like my new dishwasher though.It would be nice if they would at least come haul this piece of garbage away.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of kitchenaid dishwasher from Kitchenaid. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Kitchenaid to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Kitchenaid for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

Alexandria, Minnesota, United States #1332771

I had actually forgotten about how mad I was about this until you responded.Now I need to go on every review Web site and complain about your product and response again which puts these reviews at the top of the list again.

Probably will cost Kitchenaid a half million dollars in sales if I spend a couple hours online...Thanks I feel better

Alexandria, Minnesota, United States #1332764

This post perfectly illustrates how long it takes Kitchenaid to respond to warranty issues...6 months.Actually never responded until I put my complaint on here for the world to see.

I loverreact the Pissed off consumer.I already knew you wouldn't fix the dishwasher or my floor but you will never shut me up!

Alexandria, Minnesota, United States #1332762

We do still have the dishwasher it's out in our garage.I assume you figured if you waited 6 months to respond we would have gotten rid of it by now.

Just because I bought a new one doesn't mean I don't still have the old one try again to make up another excuse you ***.

I DEMAND YOU COME AND PICK UP THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE LOOK ME IN THE EYE AND APOLOGIZE FOR THE *** YOU SELL TO MY FACE!That's all I want.

WP2008

Dear ehlert9,

Thank you for your review.We regret to learn of the experience you have endured with your Dishwasher and can understand your frustrations.

However, as you stated in your review; you no longer own the Dishwasher.

We sincerely regret we are unable to offer any further assistance towards the previous repairs.We support manufacturing by honoring the warranty and working through factory-qualified professionals to resolve all parts and service related concerns.

to WP2008 Alexandria, Minnesota, United States #1332212

We do still have the dishwasher, it just isn't hooked up. We couldn't sell it due to its history.