Hi!My KitchenAid Dishwasher has a design flaw that KitchenAid will not acknowledge.
The distributor that I got the dishwasher will only cover issues for a year from date of purchase. It has been 2 years since I bought my dishwasher and its upsetting because I paid $800 for it and its not working correctly. What is happening is that the vent is venting the hot moist air into the door and not actually to the outside of the dishwasher. The top of the door has controls on it as well as lights to indicate what the cycle is and what stage it is in.
There is a green circuit board in the top of the door behind the lights and control with a cable that runs from the circuit board down to the main control board. After the cycle is complete the entire circuit board, lights and cable are dripping with water. The moist hot air from the dishwasher should not be vented into the door it should be vented outside the dishwasher. Over time this moisture has caused the lights to turn on and off at different time without anyone touching as well as cancelling part way through some of the cycles.
And some of the lights don’t even come on and the “Control Lock” light never goes off. I am very upset as this dishwasher was expensive and this is a design flaw. The dishwasher should not vent inside the door it should vent out the dishwasher preventing this circuit board and stuff from getting wet. Now things do not work properly and it has only been two years.
I feel that KitchenAid should replace our dishwasher with another one that doesn’t have this design flaw. I have already contacted KitchenAid and they are not doing anything for me.
I don’t recommend KithenAid to anyone for this reason.Possibly if the dishwasher was not so expensive I wouldn’t be so upset but $800 is a lot.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixbl1 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Alright, I am a bright college graduate that got stuck in a small rural town taking care of my ill mother for the time being and "quick applied" on Career..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."