100% full Not resolved
2.0
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Purchased a KitchenAid electric cooktop (model KECD867XSS02) in September 2016.By end of October, 2 of the 5 burners were coming off the surface (see photo).

The surface is a nightmare to keep clean, but I used the products suggested by KitchenAid and not only had a surface that looked unclean, but where the paint was literally coming off. Neither KitchenAid, Whirpool or Nebraska Furniture Mart (where purchased) would do anything to remedy the situation. We spent $1700.00 and this cooktop and I would expect a product at that price from a "respected" brand to perform AND look decent for at least 12 months ... not fall apart in 2!

KitchenAid/Whirpool have said it is "cosmetic" ...so I guess their products only have to look decent for 30 days???

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with how it cooks. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of kitchenaid kecd867xss02 cooktop and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1700. Kitchenaid needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned kitchenaid kecd867xss02 cooktop in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Kitchenaid.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1237293

This type of cooktop is rather difficult to keep clean and unreliable in performance as you have discovered.The best electric range option is still a basic, no-frills type that does not have this "smooth surface." A good range of this type will cost around $500 from various manufacturers.

The smooth tops look nice, but are not really worth the price they charge for them. Now you know.

As for KitchenAid's willingness to help you on this just be aware all the manufacturers are now useless when it comes to customer service.That's why you should always buy the basic unit and just throw it away when a problem arises that you cannot fix yourself.