2.3
Style and Design

This weekend the inside glass of our kitchen's aid oven shattered. Model KEBC147KSS06.

I called Kitchen Aid today to report the incidence. Customer Service was apologetic. However, they said the model is over 10 years so it's classified as 'nothing Kitchen Aid can do beyond the 10-year warranty'. Kitchen Aid will not offer free parts and services to repair the damage.

I explained to the Customer Service person that as a customer I am looking beyond that 10-year warranty when something of this drastic nature happen. What if the glass shattered while I opened the door. This incidence, in my opinion, should not be taken as just someone calling in for a warranty replacement. I then asked the Customer Service Rep to check with the Manager.

The Customer Service Rep came back with nothing supportive on replacement and service at Kitchen's Aid expense. I am writing this to get a collective thought on how serious this incidence is and what Kitchen Aid should do beyond the standard. From a customer perspective, I would never have expected the inside glass shatter regardless of whether it's over 10-years. Kitchen Aid's record shows the oven was bought in 2008 (this house's previous owner) so it also barely hit the over-10 years rule.

As a consumer, should we now accept Kitchen's Aids' product longevity? I would have more sympathy to the damage if it's not a shattering of product parts that could hurt someone.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Design and look.

I didn't like: Quality, That it broke.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 08.

Comments

WP2008

Dear SedateUguisu: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Oven concerns.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. If you are still needing assistance, please email us at NAR_Customer_Solutions@kitchenaid.com, your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a copy of the review, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.

Thank you. KitchenAid Social Care