Horrible Experience with Kitchenaid Architect II Microwave/Oven Combo

We ordered a $3000 microwave/oven combo from Abe's of Maine. The oven arrived and the exterior packaging and oven appeared to be undamaged. We removed most of the packaging, and saw no damage to the front or sides. Due to other appliances being backordered, we stored the oven in our garage, on the pallet with some of the packaging still in place, for about a month.

The other appliances finally arrived, and we proceeded to remove the corner cardboard protection and other remaining packagaing. Turns out, the cardboard was hiding the fact that the oven was out of square, and the sides of the control panel and doors are misaligned by about 1/2 an inch. Aside from being a big cosmetic issue, it also affects the door closing. I don't even know if the oven works, as it's still on the pallet.

I've talked to Abe's, the shipping companies, and they all blame Kitchenaid! I would have liked to have seen Kitchenaid stand behind it's product and helped reach a resolution where I wouldn't have been stuck with a $3000 useless piece of metal and glass.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 23, 2014 #889344

Don't use that oven. Dangerous....

0 0 Reply

Aug 22, 2011 #332435

Sorry for the repost, I guess I screwed something up when I tried to create my first profile.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kitchenaid. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Kitchenaid.
Filing a new complaint about