We ordered a $3000 microwave/oven combo from Abe's of Maine. The oven arrived and the exterior packaging and oven appeared to be undamaged. We removed most of the packaging, and saw no damage to the front or sides. Due to other appliances being backordered, we stored the oven in our garage, on the pallet with some of the packaging still in place, for about a month.
The other appliances finally arrived, and we proceeded to remove the corner cardboard protection and other remaining packagaing. Turns out, the cardboard was hiding the fact that the oven was out of square, and the sides of the control panel and doors are misaligned by about 1/2 an inch. Aside from being a big cosmetic issue, it also affects the door closing. I don't even know if the oven works, as it's still on the pallet.
I've talked to Abe's, the shipping companies, and they all blame Kitchenaid! I would have liked to have seen Kitchenaid stand behind it's product and helped reach a resolution where I wouldn't have been stuck with a $3000 useless piece of metal and glass.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Combination Microwave Wall Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes. I went to target and couldn't return..."
- "First my 6 month old range cooling fan broke which took five weeks to replace the entire unit since there were no replacement parts available. Customer service was difficult..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "The bed squeaks loudly whenever you roll over. It looks like there are notches for slats that would stabilize the bed but no slats were installed. We sent..."
- "I have owned my Saladmaster Cookware for over 40 years! I bought it in 1973 for about $700, which was an outrageous amount back then. (I made payments..."
- "Received a dozen red roses at work on Friday Feb 12th. Expecting to open the box and see large red roses, I find rose buds instead. I figure the next..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "Calling every week this is the 10th time. Told me couple time i will still get my number i want to get call back press blaah blaah no one haven't..."
- "We thought that the expensive leather construction was the way to go. On the left seat of the sofa, the thread wasn't pulled as tight as on the right seat. ..."