I am wondering if anyone else has encountered the following problem with this Kitchen Aid dual fuel range: On the control panel where the knobs are located there is a Selector Knob so you can select: cook, convection cook, broil, clean, bread warmer, etc.This know 'turns on' the oven.

It has to be at Reset to be OFF. The knob turns with the slightest glance. I can actually 'flick' the knob gently and if it turns counter clockwise, the knob moves to 'Clean' which means the oven heats up and starts cleaning and if it turns clockwise it turns to either Bake (present at 350) or Broil - HI. The knob is so sensitive to the slightest touch that when I clean the stovetop I have to check, double check, triple check to make sure I have not accidentally turned the oven onto Broil - HI or oven clean.

Anyhow, last night I must have accidentally hit the knob when I was making tea and I forgot to check the knob - which I must have hit and it was on Broil HI ALL NIGHT. My husband was in the kitchen before me and obviously turned it off. I have actually taken to removing the knob from the panel because I am constantly worried that the oven might turn on accidentally if someone goes into the kitchen and glances this *** knob. I called the vendor today and asked if there was a recall.

He says he is not aware of any recall but he will check it out. I have tried to call KA/Whirlpool about it but keep getting voice mail. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM WITH THE FRONT PANEL RESET KNOB? This is an obvious design flaw and it is dangerous.

I don't think I should have to check, double check and triple check the knob all the time and if enough people have a product liability issue here, maybe Kitchen Aid will address this issue.I am going to replace this range regardless - I cannot risk my house burning down.

Review about: Kitchenaid Oven.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

WP2008
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States #624663

Hello beejayff.My name is Amber and I am a representative with KitchenAid.

We truly apologize for the frustrations you have experienced with your range. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at KitchenAid.Digital@KitchenAid.com and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer) along with your user name (beejayff), and your ticket number (37851).

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely, Amber.