Toronto, Ontario
1.1K views 9 comments

I was gifted with a KitchenAid Food Processor to assist me in chopping functions.It's the new line (ExactsliceTM 13-cup Food Processor).

During the unpacking stage, I noticed that the Multi-Purpose Blades drive shaft seemed to rotate. After a few uses the blade stopped spinning at all. I discovered that because of their new no leak technology, the shaft design consisted of numerous weak small parts, instead of one solid molded shaft (as with the Mini Multipurpose Blade and Dough Blade) and is a technical failure. They are delaying the replacement, with no excuse, so I suspect they have a major flaw that they can't address.

I even was willing to settle for just a Replacement Blade but they have none, so they wanted the entire unit returned to them.This Machine Retails for $329.00, so don't give this as a gift.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

Carolyn
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #623828

I was excited about receiving my kitchenaid 13 cup food processor, but quickly became disappointed when I tried to use it the first time.

The lid is very difficult to open and the blade is almost impossible to remove.After almost cutting myself, I made the decision to return it.

Directions said just pull up to remove....eaiser said than done.

I'm very disappointed in kichenaid.

I recommend NOT buying the kitchenaid 13 cup food processor.

WP2008

Hi Anonymous , Hi, My name is Cheryl.I am a representative of KitchenAid Portable Appliances.

We apologize for the frustration you have experienced with your appliances. If you are still in need of assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid_Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.Sincerely,Cheryl

M-J Potvin,

My name is Cheryl. I am a KitchenAid employee.

If you are still in need of assistance with the food processor, please respond to this e-mail at (KitchenAid_Digital@kitchenaid.com) please put Attn:Cheryl in the subject line,include your name,phone number the best time to reach you at that number, also a model/serial number. I will call you. Thank you

Hi AEJ,

My name is Cheryl.I am a KitchenAid employee.

I would like to help resolve the situation with your Food Processor. Please respond to this e-mail (KitchenAid_Digital@kitchenaid.com) please put Attn:Cheryl in the subject line,include your name,phone number the best time to reach you at that number, also a model/serial number.

I will call you.Thank you

M-J Potvin

I am going to send back mine to the store today and it is over for Kitchenaid!

AEJ

I received this as a Christmas gift today.During my first use (making dough), the multi-purpose blade shaft snapped off and jammed onto the base of the food processor.

I thought I was upgrading from my KFP670, but clearly was wrong.This will be returned tomorrow.

While my son was packing up the Processor to ship back to KA, the rest of the drive parts fell out of the bottom of the Multi-Purpose Blade.It turns out that there is a round piece with a brass bearing in it that's only purpose is to provide a leakproof seal.

This model is supposed to be leak proof. It was all rusted so I suspect that it had seized. Since I had only used this Blade twice for making "Semi-DRY Breadcrumbs", so I never needed to wash it, I suspect that some where during the Manufacturing stage it had gotten wet and seized.

I suspect that this Blade is going to be a continuous problem, especially if someone puts it in the Dishwasher.I will be doing a lot of Googling over the next year to see if other people are encountering this problem.

:cry So KA mails me a Shipping Label to return the Food Processor, even though I asked them to email it.It doesn't come and a month later I get an email with a Label attached, with instructions to fill in the correct address.

It turns out that the Apt # failed to be printed. So I send the Unit to KA with the right address. They receive it the next day. I call KA and ask them to correct the address in their records before they ship the replacement.

They say I will receive the replacement in 3 day via Purolator. I ask them to ship it with another company because Purolator is usually a problem. They can't do that. I ask them to give me the Shipment Tracking # because I know I am going to have problems.

They can't do that. So I wait around on the 2nd and 3rd day and the SHIPMENT never arrives. I call KA and after about another hour, they tell me that Purolator couldn't deliver it because the address was wrong. DO YOU BELIEVE THIS.

I ask KA to contact Purolator and correct the address problem. KA says they don't do that but I can have the Tracking Number and call them myself.

The same Tracking # that they couldn't give me before.So now I spend another hour on the phone with Purolator and I have to wait around another day for a shipment that still might not arrive, so now my 3 day shipment is up to 6 days.Oh yeah, the Shipping Label they originally sent that couldn't be...

Cosala, Sinaloa, Mexico #380141

Hi, my name is Cheryl.I am a KitchenAid employee.

I would like to help resolve the situation with your product. Please respond to this e-mail (KitchenAid_Digital@kitchenaid.com) please put Attn:Cheryl in the subject line,include your name,phone number the best time to reach you at that number, also a model/serial number.

I will call you.Thank you.