On July 19th we put in a service call to A & E Factory Service for repair of our fancy 18 month old Kitchenaid fridge, damaged by a lightning storm that harmed five other appliances.30 days later our fridge is still not operational.

A & E Factory Service has proved itself the most incompetent company I have ever worked with. First they sent a washer and drier guy, who was of no help. Did he arrange a correct service call? No way.

We had to contact the call cener, of course located overseas, for a new appointment. He finally arrived on August 3rd and diagnosed our problem as a bad fan and ordered new parts. These arrived within two days, but he couldn't return till August 15th and installed the replacement parts and left. This didn't do the trick.

Did he call and ask whether it had? Of course not. So it was up to us to contact the call center again and order a control panel, which he had suggested might also not to be replaced, not that he was capable of checking it out when here. The service man will be back on August 24th to install that.

If this doesn't work, we will throw the Kitchenaid piece of junk out, despite having paid over $2,000 for it. Nobody shows the slightest sense of urgency, nobody is capable of any extra effort to help us, despite our having to make do without a fridge for a month now and counting. And then there were A & E's preposterous service windows--"sometime between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m." as if we have nothing better to do than wait at home all day.

Save yourself a lot of headaches and don't purchase any appliance like Kitchenaid's connected to A & E Factory Service contract.The funny thing is that we loved this new fridge till a need for service on it arose.

Review about: Kitchenaid Refrigerator.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

The A & E finally did repair our fridge till it was working good as new.But it shouldn't have taken them so long.

Friendly advice for A & E--be sure to examine *all* possible causes of the malfunctioning upon the first visit, even if it takes longer. Not "we'll try this and it that doesn't work, I'll have to come back." Our fan was clearly broken, but so was the control panel, but that wasn't discovered as well till a later visit.

Looking at both first try would have speeded up the repair.It is a really nice fridge now that it is working properly again, the best we've ever owned.

Kitchen Aid Customer service is AWFUL. We have a new dishwasher, used once which they insist on repairing rather than replacing. It is scratched, dented, noisy and full of water!

We are experinencing exactly the same issues with A&E.The only thing worse than their service is their call center.

Unbelievable.

I am contacting Better Business Bureau and Florida Office of Consumer Affairs.In the meantime, do yourselves a favor and stay away from Kitchen Aid.