We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS30IXWHO at Lowes two years ago.At the time we relied on the salesperson's recommendation and the reputation of the brand.
The equipment worked well for about 9 months.Then the thing holding the top rack in place broke. Thinking it was under warranty, I called KitchenAid and they said that that part was not under warranty and offered to send a repair technician out. I asked how much the part was and it was under $20, so I just got them to send me the part and I changed it myself. After a few more months we noticed that the lights on the control panel were not working well, they seemed to have a life of their own.
First we thought we were not using the equipment correctly. After struggling with it for a while, we looked at some blogs online and played with the buttons as they said and got it to work again. Just after the year warrantee was up the equipment just quit. We could not get any of the buttons on the electronic panel to work.
We called a technician again and this time it was the computer board that needed replacement. We replaced it at our expense and it started to work correctly again. This was about three months ago. It is starting to do the same thing again intermittently.
Today I can't get it to do anything at all. I can't afford to keep replacing the electronic computer board every three months, so I am going to need to buy a new dishwasher. Seems that this equipment is designed to work for about a year, that's it. You would think that when you buy an expensive brand like KitchenAid the warranty, service, and product would support the cost.
Not in this case. You would think that for the price and reputation of the company their products would have an average lifespan of at least ten years. Not the case, they are obviously designed to fail and quit just about when the warranty expires. I am very disappointed and will not buy anything made from Kitchen Aid or its associated companies again.
Seems to me they are designed to fail and thus fleece you of your hard earned money for their profit. I will advise everyone I know to do the same.
I will post in as many sites my experience with this company and their poor products.I would not buy from Lowes anything other than hardware since their recommendations are useless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixwh0 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "I was heating up a glass of water and smelled something - and heard some odd noises . I opened the door to the microwave and the ceiling was in..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "I'm highly recommening for anyone thinking to take any trip on Megabus especially out of New Orleans not too. You'll be standing out in the elements for hours . In..."
- "This company had quoted me $2,095 when it was complete I was charged a total of $5,146.Upon arriving in Los Angeles he said I had more item and had to..."
- "thanks for answering all my questions ,well the reason why i ask you all those questions is to make sure that my puppies are going to a nice and caring..."
- "Vizio, 18 mos. and $1700.00. 70 inch and the screen lost the picture and kept the voice. I called vizio and went through there test and it was still no..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."