New Orleans, Louisiana

We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS30IXWHO at Lowes two years ago.At the time we relied on the salesperson's recommendation and the reputation of the brand.

The equipment worked well for about 9 months.Then the thing holding the top rack in place broke. Thinking it was under warranty, I called KitchenAid and they said that that part was not under warranty and offered to send a repair technician out. I asked how much the part was and it was under $20, so I just got them to send me the part and I changed it myself. After a few more months we noticed that the lights on the control panel were not working well, they seemed to have a life of their own.

First we thought we were not using the equipment correctly. After struggling with it for a while, we looked at some blogs online and played with the buttons as they said and got it to work again. Just after the year warrantee was up the equipment just quit. We could not get any of the buttons on the electronic panel to work.

We called a technician again and this time it was the computer board that needed replacement. We replaced it at our expense and it started to work correctly again. This was about three months ago. It is starting to do the same thing again intermittently.

Today I can't get it to do anything at all. I can't afford to keep replacing the electronic computer board every three months, so I am going to need to buy a new dishwasher. Seems that this equipment is designed to work for about a year, that's it. You would think that when you buy an expensive brand like KitchenAid the warranty, service, and product would support the cost.

Not in this case. You would think that for the price and reputation of the company their products would have an average lifespan of at least ten years. Not the case, they are obviously designed to fail and quit just about when the warranty expires. I am very disappointed and will not buy anything made from Kitchen Aid or its associated companies again.

Seems to me they are designed to fail and thus fleece you of your hard earned money for their profit. I will advise everyone I know to do the same.

I will post in as many sites my experience with this company and their poor products.I would not buy from Lowes anything other than hardware since their recommendations are useless.

Review about: Kitchenaid Dishwasher.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

I have the same machine, now two years old and the lights went out on the panel yesterday.Did some trouble shooting, power OK, so unplugged the board and the latch, plugged back in, all came on.

Now running the machine but it seems that it won't cycle, it just runs and runs on the same cycle. For $300 I can get a warranty for one year from the factory which will cover this repair. Or, I can purchase a new cheap machine from Sears.

Guess what I am going to do.Never again Kitchenaid.

HadIt

Our KitchenAid dishwasher door suddenly lost its springs (or whatever). This heavy door just drops when you open it. The door is heavy and if someone is unaware . . . .

The built-in microwave oven door did the same thing about a year before, but it's not as heavy.

I've talked to two friends who have had the same problems. And, KitchenAid will not stand behind their products. The expense is all yours.

Galilee

I have replaced the brackets that hold my top rack 3x both sides each time $60.00 bill ..Did I mention I only bought this piece of *** dishwasher only 3.5 years ago!!

They say it is not covered because the dishwasher can operate without the top rack..

Go figure!My issue is now the dishwasher doesn't complete it's cycle and shuts itself off and my dishes are still dirty!!

WP2008
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States #673944

Hi metpr17.My name is Amber and I am a representative with KitchenAid.

We truly apologize for the difficulty you have endured with your dishwasher and we can certainly understand your concerns. If you would like, please email us at KitchenAid.Digital@KitchenAid.com and provide us with your name, address, phone number where you can be reached along with the model and serial number of the appliance.

Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer) along with your user name, and ticket number (49928).Sincerely, Amber

quailkel
to WP2008 Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #709306

Amber, I just got off the phone with Kitchenaid (Tenn.) rebbeca (nice) and TIM (condescending) everyone is so sweet mouthed ,Buuuuuuuuut the Kitchen large appliances fail and are planned to do so .......beware to all consumers!!!!