We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS30IXWHO at Lowes two years ago.At the time we relied on the salesperson's recommendation and the reputation of the brand.
The equipment worked well for about 9 months.Then the thing holding the top rack in place broke. Thinking it was under warranty, I called KitchenAid and they said that that part was not under warranty and offered to send a repair technician out. I asked how much the part was and it was under $20, so I just got them to send me the part and I changed it myself. After a few more months we noticed that the lights on the control panel were not working well, they seemed to have a life of their own.
First we thought we were not using the equipment correctly. After struggling with it for a while, we looked at some blogs online and played with the buttons as they said and got it to work again. Just after the year warrantee was up the equipment just quit. We could not get any of the buttons on the electronic panel to work.
We called a technician again and this time it was the computer board that needed replacement. We replaced it at our expense and it started to work correctly again. This was about three months ago. It is starting to do the same thing again intermittently.
Today I can't get it to do anything at all. I can't afford to keep replacing the electronic computer board every three months, so I am going to need to buy a new dishwasher. Seems that this equipment is designed to work for about a year, that's it. You would think that when you buy an expensive brand like KitchenAid the warranty, service, and product would support the cost.
Not in this case. You would think that for the price and reputation of the company their products would have an average lifespan of at least ten years. Not the case, they are obviously designed to fail and quit just about when the warranty expires. I am very disappointed and will not buy anything made from Kitchen Aid or its associated companies again.
Seems to me they are designed to fail and thus fleece you of your hard earned money for their profit. I will advise everyone I know to do the same.
I will post in as many sites my experience with this company and their poor products.I would not buy from Lowes anything other than hardware since their recommendations are useless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixwh0 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I was gifted with a KitchenAid Food Processor to assist me in chopping functions. It's the new line (ExactsliceTM 13-cup Food Processor). During the unpacking stage, I noticed that the..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "We ordered a $3000 microwave/oven combo from Abe's of Maine. The oven arrived and the exterior packaging and oven appeared to be undamaged. We removed most of the packaging, and..."
- "Very unprofessional company i made a payment of 180.00 they harassed me behind a dollar saying that the payment want be posted until they received the dollar payment really!!! ..."
- "I do NOT recommend Superior Park Model Homes.I purchased a new Big Superloft home from Superior & was given a delivery date of 4/16/08.The home was finally delivered on 5/29/08..."
- "DO NOT trust this company!! I ordered around Aug 27th. Got an email on my shipping date Sept. 13th saying delayed shipping. Can not track. After reading reviews, I'm pretty..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."