We bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher Model # KUDS30IXWHO at Lowes two years ago.At the time we relied on the salesperson's recommendation and the reputation of the brand.
The equipment worked well for about 9 months.Then the thing holding the top rack in place broke. Thinking it was under warranty, I called KitchenAid and they said that that part was not under warranty and offered to send a repair technician out. I asked how much the part was and it was under $20, so I just got them to send me the part and I changed it myself. After a few more months we noticed that the lights on the control panel were not working well, they seemed to have a life of their own.
First we thought we were not using the equipment correctly. After struggling with it for a while, we looked at some blogs online and played with the buttons as they said and got it to work again. Just after the year warrantee was up the equipment just quit. We could not get any of the buttons on the electronic panel to work.
We called a technician again and this time it was the computer board that needed replacement. We replaced it at our expense and it started to work correctly again. This was about three months ago. It is starting to do the same thing again intermittently.
Today I can't get it to do anything at all. I can't afford to keep replacing the electronic computer board every three months, so I am going to need to buy a new dishwasher. Seems that this equipment is designed to work for about a year, that's it. You would think that when you buy an expensive brand like KitchenAid the warranty, service, and product would support the cost.
Not in this case. You would think that for the price and reputation of the company their products would have an average lifespan of at least ten years. Not the case, they are obviously designed to fail and quit just about when the warranty expires. I am very disappointed and will not buy anything made from Kitchen Aid or its associated companies again.
Seems to me they are designed to fail and thus fleece you of your hard earned money for their profit. I will advise everyone I know to do the same.
I will post in as many sites my experience with this company and their poor products.I would not buy from Lowes anything other than hardware since their recommendations are useless.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixwh0 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "“Ask Option Binary Option Broker at askoption.com will not let me withdraw my own money. Here is my current balance as of 01/16/17 Total pending withdrawals amount: $11,727.00 Amount available..."
- "I received a top I ordered with a black spot on the back. I filed for a return on their website and uploaded pictures asked. they offered me 20% and..."
- "I made a small order last week of a couple pizzas and cheesy bread at the Dominos location on Freret St in New Orleans, La. My order took four hours..."
- "Very unprofessional company i made a payment of 180.00 they harassed me behind a dollar saying that the payment want be posted until they received the dollar payment really!!! ..."
- "WARNING-------LOWES has sold Garden Treasures OUTSIDE PATIO DINING FURNITURE and advertised it as ALUMINUM RUST RESISTANT FRAME--------but fails to mention in its advertising that the ALUMINUM frame is held up..."