I've had my oven for about 8 years and spent $1500 on it. It currently will not clean itself because the latch is broken.

Kitchenaid/whirlpool has discontinued the part and this is incredibly disappointing! I can't find it anywhere including you the manufacturer. We're purchasing a new home this year. How could I possibly recommend or buy another whirlpool or kitchenaid product when you don't even support your own merchandise?!

I've only cleaned the oven twice and it's broken and needed repair both times!

That aside, if I could fix it - then there would not be a problem. This is not OK and very disconcerting as I've wasted hours of my time on this.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 26, 2012.

Comments

Hi Mike, I am also frustrated with a part that has been discontinued for my Kitchenaid refrigerator. Door bottom shelf bar broke and I cannot find the part anywhere....my fridge is in excellent condition but cannot now use the bottom shelf of the door. Part number 67001748 or WP12690502...we are desperate!

Saint Charles, Illinois, United States #969296

Ugh!! I had part of my oven door melt because the oven didn't lock properly!!

They don't make the latch or the trim piece that melted! So now I have to freaking buy a whole new oven for something that was defective!! So frustrated that these parts are not available.

Tells me their product is *** and they didn't intend on it lasting this long! Why else would they discontinue a part?!?

I share your frustration. I have a double oven that the touchpad went out on and the part is no longer available and they would not supply any other information.

If I had a wiring diagram for the oven I could determine if the next series of controls would control my oven, but that is not available.

Basically it is throw the $1500 oven away and buy a new one because they will not provide information. Never again!

I too am unhappy with Whirlpool. In the past, I have purchased Whirlpool appliances, but found others better.

I for several years bought KitchenAid dishwashers. My latest one now is about eight years old and the Detergent and Rinse Aid Dispenser failed. Whirlpool sold me a replacement part. When I removed the door front panel to access the part for replacement, I found that the foam panel insert, known by the factory as the "foam brace" part number 8531330, had welded itself to the inner door panel.

Removing the outer panel consequently broke it apart. This is a critical part, both for bracing the panel, but also for sound insulation. Ha-ha, Whirlpool has discontinued the part and offers no replacement. They referred me to "discontinued parts" businesses located on the Internet.

Not happy. Likely will not be purchasing another appliance manufactured by Whirlpool. Guess I will have to go to GE for a cheapie or one of the quality European brands if I want quality. Maybe I will check out a Korean brand.

Their stuff seems to be getting pretty good.

And American corporations wonder why they have no customer loyalty.

WP2008

Hello Anonymous. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your oven. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

i may be able to find the part you need we are tied in with alot of the parts dist company in the usa .

to mike #1578492

Hi Mike, saw your comment here and hoping you can help me? I'm looking for a discontinued KitchenAid warming drawer catch, #8301482