The aqualift technology is a ripoff. I insisted at the store on a self-cleaning gas oven.

I had concerns about the aqualift but was assured that it was now improved and worked great. Now I'm stuck with an oven that is worst than a manual cleaning oven because I can't even use oven cleaners in it.

KitchenAid should be forced to return customers money for the appliance and the installation, or forced to replace it with an equivalent gas oven range with a working self-cleaning method.

I am more than upset with finally having a "higher quality" gas oven/range only to find out it falls short of my self-cleaning electric GE oven/range.

Product or Service Mentioned: Kitchenaid Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 14.

Comments

I also have this piece of garbage sold to me as a self cleaning oven. I have had self cleaning ranges before and this is not one!!!

WP2008

we’re sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your Aqualift Cleaning Cycle. The Aqualift technology is an alternative for customers that don't want to be concerned with chemicals or smell.

It's designed to lift stains from the Oven and the customer can wipe them away rather than having them burned off. The steam created while using this cycle is meant to help release backed on foods, but some elbow grease may still be required. For especially stubborn areas, you want to saturate the area with a Dawn Dish Soap and water solution and let it sit for up to 30 minutes.

This may help get the grease adhered to the cooking surface off. We will be sure to document your concerns for future consideration and regret that we could not be of further assistance.