Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

KitchenAid in Vancouver, British Columbia - Kitchen Aid Self Cleaning Ranges

I live in a condo complex where to this date we have eight units in which the TD thermostat has blown and owners had to get a repairman out and pay for repairs out of their pocket. Kitchen Aid states and it does state in the install booklet that there should be 2 1/2 inches on each side of the range for air to circulate. Well the builders are not taking responsibility nor is Kitchen Aid sor the little guy gets stuck with the bill and a dirty oven because you still can't use your self cleaning. Love to get this on the news.
WP2008

Hello Anonymous. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your range. If you need further assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, review number 304652, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

KitchenAid in Las Vegas, Nevada - Kitchen Aid Blender - no parts available

i purchased an expensive Kitchen Aid blender through QVC, relying on the reputation of the company for durable & long lasting products. i used it infrequently, and when i used it this year the blender jar broke in the sink (not in e.g. a fall from a high surface). No other blender jars fit my model and neither the company nor on-line sources stock replacements. it's infuriating. no one should waste money on the Kitchen Aid reputation. I am also becoming somewhat concerned that QVC may allow manufacturers to dump lines they are about to close on consumers without disclosing that (and warning that the models will not be supported). (I plan to follow-up with QVC directly to discover if that is true). i will never buy a kitchen aid countertop appliance again & given my experience I would certainly not buy any of their kitchen appliances! i am warning all of my firends to save their money.
patriciamgr

Update from Tricia F. in Vegas: QVC did post my review (after a delay). Thanks for all the support I am receiving from other consumers in getting the word out on avoiding Kitchen Aid products!

patriciamgr

Despite Cheryl's cheerful reply, when I contacted her--she provided NO help whatsoever. She suggested I buy a used blender from KitchenAid.

I am so furious about their failure to stock replacement parts I will never buy Kitchen Aid anything again! Luckily, I've been able to stop women I know from putting the stand mixers and blenders on their registries! I don't want anyone else to go through what I am going through.

I have tried to leave a complaint on QVC, but they are censoring the consumer comments. Totally unfair to their cuswtomers!!!!

Hi Patricia,

My name is Cheryl. I am a KitchenAid representative for Portable Appliances.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your experience with the KitchenAid Blender. Feedback from our customers is an important source of information, as it is how we gauge our success.

You are a valued customer and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of this concern. If you are still in need of assistance please e-mail me via KitchenAid_Digital@KitchenAid.com, Attn: Cheryl in the subject line.

Sincerely, Cheryl

View more comments (2)

KitchenAid in South Amboy, New Jersey - Kitchen Aid Appliances

DO NOT PURCHASE KITCHEN AID APPLIANCES. My appliances are six years old and according to Kitchen Aid, they should work for up to ten years. My refrigerator lasted three years because of a faulty part. After living without a refrigerator for three and a half months (try that with three small children) and now my dishwasher is not working. I was told by a certified technician of Kitchen Aid that the problem is caused most likely by hard water build up. This certified technician told me that other companies make sure their appliances do not have this problem. I urge you not to purchase Kitchen Aid unless you want to waste time and money!!!!!

I am so sorry a_day. I should have known I was in trouble when Kitchen Aid recommended A&E Factory Service and the technician never showed up.

Kitchen Aid and A&E Factory Service deserve each other. My Kitchen Aid Fridge had same issue, a design and mechanical flaw. The technician who told me this was recommended to me by Kitchen Aid but told me I was not allowed to say anything to Kitchen Aid because he did not want to get in trouble although he said Kitchen Aid knew about the flaws. Now my dishwasher has not worked properly for a couple of years.

I finally responded to Melanie (she is a Kitchen Aid rep)but if I were a betting woman, I will hear the same response I have heard about all KA appliances, we are so sorry that your warranty expired and we do not stand behind our product.

I am sure they will give me the number of a technician. I can promise you if they do anything positive for me, I will tell the world that I was treated fairly but I am not holding my breath.

I had my dishwasher FIXED AGAIN (It has been fixed many times over the past seven years for different reasons) a few months ago and it is NOT WORKING again! I am besides myself with the money I have already spent on fixing my Kitchen Aid appliances.

I could have bought a brand new dishwasher from a company that stands behind their workmanship with all the money I have wasted on fixing my lemon of a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. I have been requested to send an email to a Kitchen Aid representative but it is not her personal email, it is a general email so I am not sure what this person can do for me.

I really hope that anyone who reads this does not purchase Kitchen Aid dishwashers and forces Kitchen Aid to make a better product. I need to sign off now because I will be spending much of my free time tonight washing and drying dishes.

WP2008

Hi Sd77. I am sorry that you are unhappy with your KitchenAid appliances.

I have reached out to you before to send me an email with you contact information if you need us to review your file.

Please email us your contact information so we can review it further. Sincerely, Melanie.

WP2008

Hello Sd77. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of kitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator and dishwasher. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name Sd77, review number 301141, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

a-day, I am so so sorry to hear about your experience. Not having an oven does not make life easy.

My house was brand new with brand new Kitchen Aid appliances and now I need to replace a second Kitchen Aid appliance. I was told by a Kitchen Aid certified technician that he receives more phone calls on Kitchen Aid appliances than any other manufacturer. He suggested I purchase a GE dishwasher. I have been told both my refrigerator and dishwasher both have major flaws.

And my refrigerator had a design flaw and it took over three months for Kitchen Aid to replace it. I will NEVER buy another Kitchen Aid appliance again and it is important that until Kitchen Aid fixes all of their flaws, no one purchases Kitchen Aid appliances, large or small.

a_day

I bought a house with Kitchen Aid Everything.....this stuff was uber pricey and only 7 years old. My fancy digital convection stove busted 9 months later and it woudl have cost $1,000 to break.

I had no warranty and I had to buy a new one. And to make matters worse, the tech that came said that this was a design flaw and that the KItchen Adi guys should know better...and that this stove will Always break down!

$1,300 later I have a new stove. But I agreer Kitchen Aid sucks!

View more comments (5)

KitchenAid in South Amboy, New Jersey - Kitchen Aid Appliances

I highly suggest to anyone purchasing large kitchen appliances, DO NOT purchase Kitchen Aid appliances. My appliances are six years old. Two years ago, my Kitchen Aid refrigerator broke down and after three and a half months of living without a refrigerator, I finally had to get a new refrigerator. Now my Kitchen Aid dishwasher has broken down!! Kitchen Aid and I quote them say their appliances should work for up to ten years. Is it possible I received two "lemon" appliances? I have spent so much money on these appliances, it is ridiculous. Further, I have had a couple of Kitchen Aid blenders and they all break!!
WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of KitchenAid. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at KitchenAid_Digital@KitchenAid.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records. Thanks

Review
The glass on the inside of our 2 week old Kitchenaid oven exploded after 20 minutes at 500 degrees. Kitchen Aids response was "glass breaks". We had replaced a 12 year old Kitchenaid range because they no longer carried a part for the gas valve. The gas company had...

We had to. Ave the control unit replaced and when testing, the technician said there was some stuff on oven and to run self/cleaning.

About a week later I pulled out the manual and started self-clean. An hour or so later, I heard a loud explosion. There was hot glass all over the floor, so I put it in cool down mode. Inner glass had shattered.

Technician that came to look at it ,poorly equipped as I had to supply shop ax and broom/dustpan, said NEVER EVER use the self clean mode.

Kitchenaid was very responsive but they never have parts when they come. Must waste day on second appointment.

View more comments
Review
I went to use the self clean feature fore the first time on my EXPENSIVE dual fuel gas/electric KitchenAid oven/range and it just stopped and the door remained locked. I Google "kitchenaid (model number)KGSA906PSS0" and the same issue I am experiencing is all over the...

Just had my experience with the self destruct, I mean self cleaning button. Sure enough when I called kitchen aid this was the first that they had ever heard of this problem. Which of course a simple google/yahoo/bing search shows the exact opposite.

IF you own this model series do yourself a favor and never use the self clean. If you have had this problem please file a complaint with the BBB

Loss

KitchenAid in Williamsport, Pennsylvania - Pissed consumer

Not the first time..but the LAST time I will EVER buy a KITCHENAID product: Theie manual can openers are not worth *** Buy the cheapest hand held which will last much longer and give little.problem. APPLIANCES have gone the way of dinosauers ....Ther USED TO BE RELIABLE MAKERS. but none are to be trusted today...especially not Kitchenaid, GE.. For a time WHIRLPOOL was great with SEARS right behind...not sure those are any *** good either. It';s the 'AMERICAN WAY'....products have followed consumers on the way to ***. God is NOT smiling on AMERIKA THESE DAYS

Hi Anonymous,

I apologize for the frustrating experience you've had with the hand held can opener.

Please contact KitchenAid's Gadget Line at

1-866-457-9340 for assistance.

KitchenAid in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Kitchen aide microwave

KA has no over the phone tech support. They take your money for parts but will not tell how to install parts. A legal problem they say. I am trying to install a replacement lightbulb. The chickens. I won't be buying any more appliances from them. I have a house full now and the Superba series have all had repair calls in less than 5 years. Simple bulb simple replacement but the bulb can't be gripped and there isn't a panel that can be removed for access. KA has no over the phone tech support. Bad business.

KA web site not working for stand mixers, 1800 number does not work in Vancouver. It seems this has been the case for a long time.

Review
I bought a Kitchenaid fridge, electric range with glass cooktop, built-in microwave and dishwasher in 2007. As of 2/14/12 only the dishwasher works as advertised. The glass cooktop spontaneously cracked after 1 yr of use; the water dispenser in the fridge doesn't...

UPDATE TO MY POST OF EARLIER TODAY: After leaving the dishwasher unplugged for a couple hours and fiddling around with the door latch (because we had read online that faulty door closure can cause this type of control panel circuit problem), the problem is resolved. It is unfortunate that the KitchenAid Customer Service Representative did not recommend this BEFORE trying to sell me a new part and service call (>$300) or extended warranty (also >$300).

View more comments
Review
I have a high end Kitchen Aid dishwasher that slowly went down hill. Wouldn't clean good a little water in remained in the tub from the last wash, then increased to more water left in the tub from last wash cycle. Till finally I had to do something. I did some...
WP2008

Hello Jimbo2468. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, the review number 294654, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

Loss