Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

KitchenAid Architect Series Gas Range

This stove-top is very poorly engineered. It takes 18 minutes to boil 1 2/C water! Trying making a 3-min egg that way! Also, the convection oven, although roasting is excellent, baking is a pain. If you have 2 batches of cookies, you must wait between baking batches for the oven to re - preheat! bummer! The cast iron grates are AWFUL to clean (spills that stain, grease)...think your outside grill. Only, you can't burn the grease or stain off...it's indoors! This was the most expensive stove I've every purchased, and the worst stove I've every owne! AND, when you call customer care (yeah right), they just say "that's the way it was engineered. Yes, their engineer did NOT graduate at the top of their class...for sure! I am fed up...the company is NOT the KitchenAid it used to be.
WP2008

Hello. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize that you are not happy with the design of the range. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer), your user ID name (Anonymous), review number 324138, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

Review

Do not buy KitchenAid cooktops. They are way too fragile and hard to maintain

Within two weeks of installing an expensive KitchenAid ceramic cooktop we started to get small scratches. The glass cooktop needs constant cleaning and scrubbing to keep it looking OK. KitchenAid will not stand behind the product because they know this is true and there is nothing they can do but start over and refund our money. ($1800). After each use, you will spend a long time cleaning the cooktop and it takes a lot of time and effort. Our old Jenn Air was 25+ years old and it still looked good. We should never have replaced it! We are very unhappy with this product.

I've had my KitchenAid ceramic cook top 10 yrs. It takes a little getting used to at first.

Simply use a wet paper towel with a drop of dish detergent to clean, wipe again to rinse, and dry with a towel after each use or when there are spills. If food gets cooked on, a commercial cleaner like Barkeeper's Friend will easily remove it.

I have no scratches, and I enjoy the clean look of this cook top in my kitchen.

WP2008

Hi, Al. I am sorry that you were not given a kit with the range.

If you would like me to review your file further, you will need to provide me with the requested information. Thank you, Melanie.

WP2008

Hello Al. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your cooktop. The use and care guide does recommend cleaners and what kind of pans we recommend that you use on the top of the unit to ensure a long life. The scratches on it will not affect the performance of the cooktop in any way. We are sorry you are unhappy with the design.

If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Pissedconsumer), your user ID name (Al Sieverts or Asieverts@hawaii.rr.com), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

:upset All KA does is apologize but does nothing to correct/solve the problem. A kit should have been sent to me and KA should include with purhcase of cooktop.

View more comments (3)
Loss
BEWARE: KitchenAid/Whirlpool/Kenmore does not stand behind their products. Short Version: I have an expensive counter depth KitchenAid refrigerator that is 2.5 years old (still paying for it) that I have to replace because it has been diagnosed as non-repairable. I...

My whirlpool refrigerator had a small plastic part break at the ice dispenser flap. The part is not available for order, and whirlpool tells me I have to spend $600+ on an entire new door.

They will not sell me the $20 part. I will never own a whirlpool or any of their related products again.

View more comments
Loss
I called KitchenAid on my hand mixer, which just quit working. It was an 5 speed Ultra Power Plus mixer that was not inexpensive. Although it is an 'older' model and 'out of warranty;' it has been used, at the most, 15 times. I still have the box. My mother had a...

So you have an "older" unit that you say was used 10 times, and acknowledge is out of warranty. And you think they should replace it?

1)You cannot prove to anyone it was only used 10 times

2)I doubt you even have a receipt at this point to show them when you bought it

3)Take the 10% and run because most people would have told you to pound sand

Review
#311940 Review #311940 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Whirlpool KitchenAid microwave ovens

I have repeatedly replaced the door springs in my Whirlpool / KitchenAid microwave oven and paid a great deal of money to do so. These spring last about six months before they break again. The dealer service techs now tell me that the design is fundamentally defective and that the door springs cannot be permanently repaired or even repaired so that they will last a few years. I called Whirlpool (the manufacturer) and they said that there was nothing that they could do. They were ever-so polite and condescending that I could hardly stand it. I told them that I wanted at least the replacement parts if not a replacement microwave. They said that they could not do that. I told then that they should be ashamed that they would not take responsibility for a defective product that they obviously knew was defective within the first six months after they began selling them. I think that this company should be avoided. I believe that they put out some very defective products and maybe some good ones but there is no way for a regular consumer to tell which is which. I highly recommend that Whirlpool / KitchenAid / Maytag be avoided. I will certainly never buy their products again. In short, I believe that their appliances are often just ***!
timoneill101

:( FYI everyone, Melanie at Whirlpool was a waste of time. She sent me a $100 rebate coupon that would be useful only if I were to purchase two additional Whirlpool/ KitchenAid appliances.

(that works out to be $50 per appliance) I don't know why these people think I would ever purchase another of their appliances. I think these people are still tying to "work" me. In my opinion everyone should avoid this company until they begin to engineer and produce higher quality abd durable appliances. I don't think that this will ever happen.

I guess that they didn't understand what happened to the auto industry when they wouldn't produce a high quality automobile. On the other hand, there are still a lot of fools out there that will buy thier products....not me.

WP2008

Hello Timoneill10. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your microwave. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, review number 311887, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Whirlpool.Digital@whirlpool.com.

WP2008

Hello Timoneill10. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool.

View more comments (2)
Loss

KitchenAid in Toronto, Ontario - Kitchen Aid trash compactor...in 2008 actuator cost 6.99..in 2012 cost 30.42 WTF?

This is the third actuator I have had to replace on my kitchen aid compactor.....the unit was bought in 2007....in 2008 the cost for a new one was 6.99.....now in 2012 the cost is 30.42????? Spoke to Josh in complaints...he was gonna log my complaint...I asked what does that mean? He said they add it to the computer...I asked is someone gonna call me.....he said no....so what is the point of lodging a complaint? I hung up on him.....This was in Toronto ...asked my father in law to get a price in South Carolina for me......20 bucks...explain that!
WP2008

Hello Dinkus. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your compactor. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

Kitchenaid dishwasher problems

I purchased a Kitchenaid dishwasher in 2008. In 2011 I had to replace the motor, and the control panel, and the soap dispenser did not open. The motor and control panel were covered under warranty but I had to pay parts and labour for the soap dispenser. Six months later the soap dispenser stopped opening again. I went to the dealer who said that there is only a 90 day warranty on replacement parts and that I should call the manufacturer. I got the same response so now I have to pay again to have it fixed with no gurantees that it would not happen again. I am very disappointed in the product that is supposed to be 'High End" I wil never buy another Kitchen Aid product again. Model number is KUD03CTWH2.
WP2008

Hello Finghers. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name Finghers, review number 311391, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

Review

Kitchenaid Customer Service is non-existant.

They have all the latest technology, i.e live chat, but the poor rep must sit on her hands! I have a stand mixer on which the switch has broken for the second time. You don't have to be an engineer to see that it is a design defect. It is made too long and it loads at the base and eventually breaks off. I asked for a replacement switch and she kept telling me they don't do parts from their location. I don't really care where it comes from, I just want a switch. I said, ok then can you set me up with a voucher for a switch from a parts dealer and still no luck. So, I'm sitting on a $450.00 stand mixer that is supposed to be top-of-the-line, and I have to invest another 20% of the cost of the machine for a part that I know will only break again. I once worked in CS and I had a direct line to engineering to help solve these types of issues. I don't want to BUY another defective switch! I'm planning to check my portfolio for Whirlpool stock and dumping it. With the internet, the world is too connected to not support your products.
WP2008

Hi my name is Cheryl and I am a representative of KitchenAid. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your mixer.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at KitchenAid_Digital@KitchenAid.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the mixer.

Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records. Thanks

KitchenAid in Stockton, California - FLAWED DESIGN ON GLASS COOKTOPS

In 1999 I bought a beautiful black glass cooktop by kitchenaid. I loved it and never had a moments trouble with it the 12 years we were in that home. We recently bought a new one-same everything- color, 5 burners, glass, black, etc. WELL this one sucks big time. The first cooktop had white specks on the entire surface of the cooktop, encluding the burners. This new one only has the protective white specks on the surface around the burners...NOT THE BURNERS which they should have the white specks if any part of the cooktop surface has them. So the burners are terribly scratched after owning the cooktop for only 2 months! Don't buy a glass cooktop unless the ENTIRE surface is covered with the protective white specks, or watermarks. You'll be sorry because your burners will scratch terribly!! Sky Sinclair

Hello Anonymous. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We are sorry you are unhappy with the design of your cooktop. If you have other concerns we can address, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, review number 309250, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.

Sincerely, Melanie.

Hello Anonymous. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We would be happy to review your concerns further.

Sincerely, Melanie.

View more comments (1)
Review

KitchenAid in Durham, North Carolina - Kitchen Aid flawed dishwashers and service contracts

i purchased a new dishwasher and it stopped working shortly after i bought it,The control panels are flawed and they stop working and need to be replaced at the consumers expense including pricy service contract,.This flaw is documented by the technicians, and kitchen Aid has stooped to an all time low in selling faulty products with a built in fail safe to market and sell service contracts to resolve matters.,instead of making a used to be solid product that worked well and lasted...one year into my purchase i am without both...very disheartened .with no one at Kitchen Aid to do anything except apologize which is worthless...pretty pittifull!....sadly pissed granny!!!!!!!
WP2008

Hello Sd77. I am sorry that you are having concerns about your appliances.

I have requested you email me your contact information 4/20/12, but I have not received an email from you. If you still need assistance, please provide the contact information I am requesting.

We look forward to your email. Sincerely, Melanie, KitchenAid Social Media Representative

WP2008

Hello R SmithJr. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We sorry you are unhappy with KitchenAid. If you would have appliance concerns you would like us to look into, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (PissedConsumer), your user ID name (R SmithJr), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

KitchenAid use to be Hobart. But NOT ANYMORE!!!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!

Hello Anonymous. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of KitchenAid.

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, review number 308575m your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to KitchenAid.Digital@kitchenaid.com.

We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

You are most likely correct when you say that Kitchen Aid puts in faulty parts. I am so sorry for your experience.

I had an issue with my fridge several years ago and the certified Kitchen Aid technician told me that the part was faulty from the beginning. I ended up not having a fridge for three months (try that with three small children) until Kitchen Aid finally relented and replaced my fridge. Then this year my dishwasher broke down and all of these appliances are younger than 7 years old.

Even the Kitchen Aid counter appliances are faulty. I will never purchase Kitchen Aid again either.

View more comments (4)