Kitchenaid - 2013 KA dishwasher toast, appears to be overheated circuits and wiring.
Update added by user Mar 23
Hopefully the model number comes though this time: model: KUDS30DCSS8
Update added by user Mar 22
This dishwasher is a 2013 model, I posted the model number previously.It is a high-end stainless steel version, top of the line and cost us well over $700 new.
KitchenAid has a problem with the circuit boards and wiring harness but refuses to address this issue, look at the number of failures on here!
The company, after I complained, offered to cover parts.I want it replaced with a different machine, the one I have got so hot inside that the wiring melted (see picture).
Original review posted by user Mar 21
It started acting up at about 18 months old, it would not run through the cycles properly, in fact it would do only one cycle and show a completed wash.
I turned the power breaker off, and then on, it resumed normal operation for a month or so. Then the thing would sometimes start, other times the keypad would not work at all. Again, power off, then on, would correct the issue.
In the meantime I contacted KA directly as the place I purchased the thing was sold to a larger company, and they did not want to work on it. So after being bounced around between repair shops I came up with an estimate of around $400 to replace circuit board (s), labor, travel time charges due to a 30 mile distance. No thanks, I paid $700 to begin with.
Contacted KA again, explained that I disassembled the front to get to the onboard circuits and found the wiring harness had gotten so hot that it melted itself into the insulation on the SS door. After thinking about this, I recall that my old KA machine had zero insulation under it or in the door and in fact had a steel vented lower trim plate.
Folks, I believe there is a serious overheating issue with these machines. They are so well insulted in order to reduce sound levels that the circuits run too hot, thereby burning up. I notified KA of the issue and sent photographs. The issue has never been resolved. Tried to add a photo, not having much luck with it.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Previous history with product
What I disliked
- Lack of quality in product
- Bad customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixss8 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I suppose purchasing pots and pans or other household items is not such a great idea when visiting a state fair, it's all high pressure selling and you are bound..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."