Kitchenaid - 2013 KA dishwasher toast, appears to be overheated circuits and wiring.
Update added by user Mar 23, 2016
Hopefully the model number comes though this time: model: KUDS30DCSS8
Update added by user Mar 22, 2016
This dishwasher is a 2013 model, I posted the model number previously.It is a high-end stainless steel version, top of the line and cost us well over $700 new.
KitchenAid has a problem with the circuit boards and wiring harness but refuses to address this issue, look at the number of failures on here!
The company, after I complained, offered to cover parts.I want it replaced with a different machine, the one I have got so hot inside that the wiring melted (see picture).
Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2016
It started acting up at about 18 months old, it would not run through the cycles properly, in fact it would do only one cycle and show a completed wash.
I turned the power breaker off, and then on, it resumed normal operation for a month or so. Then the thing would sometimes start, other times the keypad would not work at all. Again, power off, then on, would correct the issue.
In the meantime I contacted KA directly as the place I purchased the thing was sold to a larger company, and they did not want to work on it. So after being bounced around between repair shops I came up with an estimate of around $400 to replace circuit board (s), labor, travel time charges due to a 30 mile distance. No thanks, I paid $700 to begin with.
Contacted KA again, explained that I disassembled the front to get to the onboard circuits and found the wiring harness had gotten so hot that it melted itself into the insulation on the SS door. After thinking about this, I recall that my old KA machine had zero insulation under it or in the door and in fact had a steel vented lower trim plate.
Folks, I believe there is a serious overheating issue with these machines. They are so well insulted in order to reduce sound levels that the circuits run too hot, thereby burning up. I notified KA of the issue and sent photographs. The issue has never been resolved. Tried to add a photo, not having much luck with it.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Previous history with product
What I disliked
- Lack of quality in product
- Bad customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixss8 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a KitchenAid electric cooktop (model KECD867XSS02) in September 2016. By end of October, 2 of the 5 burners were coming off the surface (see photo). The..."
- "I have a lemon. Kitchenaid fridge 2 1/2 years old now completely worthless. And out of warranty I trusted they could fix. It is not fixable. They..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."