Kitchenaid - 2013 KA dishwasher toast, appears to be overheated circuits and wiring.
Update added by user Mar 23
Hopefully the model number comes though this time: model: KUDS30DCSS8
Update added by user Mar 22
This dishwasher is a 2013 model, I posted the model number previously.It is a high-end stainless steel version, top of the line and cost us well over $700 new.
KitchenAid has a problem with the circuit boards and wiring harness but refuses to address this issue, look at the number of failures on here!
The company, after I complained, offered to cover parts.I want it replaced with a different machine, the one I have got so hot inside that the wiring melted (see picture).
Original review posted by user Mar 21
It started acting up at about 18 months old, it would not run through the cycles properly, in fact it would do only one cycle and show a completed wash.
I turned the power breaker off, and then on, it resumed normal operation for a month or so. Then the thing would sometimes start, other times the keypad would not work at all. Again, power off, then on, would correct the issue.
In the meantime I contacted KA directly as the place I purchased the thing was sold to a larger company, and they did not want to work on it. So after being bounced around between repair shops I came up with an estimate of around $400 to replace circuit board (s), labor, travel time charges due to a 30 mile distance. No thanks, I paid $700 to begin with.
Contacted KA again, explained that I disassembled the front to get to the onboard circuits and found the wiring harness had gotten so hot that it melted itself into the insulation on the SS door. After thinking about this, I recall that my old KA machine had zero insulation under it or in the door and in fact had a steel vented lower trim plate.
Folks, I believe there is a serious overheating issue with these machines. They are so well insulted in order to reduce sound levels that the circuits run too hot, thereby burning up. I notified KA of the issue and sent photographs. The issue has never been resolved. Tried to add a photo, not having much luck with it.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Previous history with product
What I disliked
- Lack of quality in product
- Bad customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixss8 Dishwasher
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "First my 6 month old range cooling fan broke which took five weeks to replace the entire unit since there were no replacement parts available. Customer service was difficult..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."