Kitchenaid - 2013 KA dishwasher toast, appears to be overheated circuits and wiring.

Update added by user Mar 23

Hopefully the model number comes though this time: model: KUDS30DCSS8

Update added by user Mar 22

This dishwasher is a 2013 model, I posted the model number previously.It is a high-end stainless steel version, top of the line and cost us well over $700 new.

KitchenAid has a problem with the circuit boards and wiring harness but refuses to address this issue, look at the number of failures on here!

The company, after I complained, offered to cover parts.I want it replaced with a different machine, the one I have got so hot inside that the wiring melted (see picture).

Original review posted by user Mar 21

It started acting up at about 18 months old, it would not run through the cycles properly, in fact it would do only one cycle and show a completed wash.

I turned the power breaker off, and then on, it resumed normal operation for a month or so. Then the thing would sometimes start, other times the keypad would not work at all. Again, power off, then on, would correct the issue.

In the meantime I contacted KA directly as the place I purchased the thing was sold to a larger company, and they did not want to work on it. So after being bounced around between repair shops I came up with an estimate of around $400 to replace circuit board (s), labor, travel time charges due to a 30 mile distance. No thanks, I paid $700 to begin with.

Contacted KA again, explained that I disassembled the front to get to the onboard circuits and found the wiring harness had gotten so hot that it melted itself into the insulation on the SS door. After thinking about this, I recall that my old KA machine had zero insulation under it or in the door and in fact had a steel vented lower trim plate.

Folks, I believe there is a serious overheating issue with these machines. They are so well insulted in order to reduce sound levels that the circuits run too hot, thereby burning up. I notified KA of the issue and sent photographs. The issue has never been resolved. Tried to add a photo, not having much luck with it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Previous history with product
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of quality in product
    • Bad customer service

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Kitchenaid Kuds30Ixss8 Dishwasher
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #813788 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Kitchenaid? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Kitchenaid. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Kitchenaid.
Filing a new complaint about