2.2

Update by user Mar 23, 2016

Hopefully the model number comes though this time: model: KUDS30DCSS8

Update by user Mar 22, 2016

This dishwasher is a 2013 model, I posted the model number previously.It is a high-end stainless steel version, top of the line and cost us well over $700 new.

KitchenAid has a problem with the circuit boards and wiring harness but refuses to address this issue, look at the number of failures on here!

The company, after I complained, offered to cover parts.I want it replaced with a different machine, the one I have got so hot inside that the wiring melted (see picture).

Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2016

It started acting up at about 18 months old, it would not run through the cycles properly, in fact it would do only one cycle and show a completed wash.

I turned the power breaker off, and then on, it resumed normal operation for a month or so. Then the thing would sometimes start, other times the keypad would not work at all. Again, power off, then on, would correct the issue.

In the meantime I contacted KA directly as the place I purchased the thing was sold to a larger company, and they did not want to work on it. So after being bounced around between repair shops I came up with an estimate of around $400 to replace circuit board (s), labor, travel time charges due to a 30 mile distance. No thanks, I paid $700 to begin with.

Contacted KA again, explained that I disassembled the front to get to the onboard circuits and found the wiring harness had gotten so hot that it melted itself into the insulation on the SS door. After thinking about this, I recall that my old KA machine had zero insulation under it or in the door and in fact had a steel vented lower trim plate.

Folks, I believe there is a serious overheating issue with these machines. They are so well insulted in order to reduce sound levels that the circuits run too hot, thereby burning up. I notified KA of the issue and sent photographs. The issue has never been resolved. Tried to add a photo, not having much luck with it.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $700. The author is overall dissatisfied with Kitchenaid and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about kitchenaid dishwasher from Kitchenaid was lack of quality in product and customer service , but reviewer liked previous history with product. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Kitchenaid.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Kitchenaid to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments