1.6
Ease of Use

I remodeled my kitchen 2 years ago in November 2015.I purchased a higher-end KitchenAid dishwasher as part of the remodel.

Last week I noticed that my new laminate floor was spongy and the edges were curling. I smelled a heavy mildew smell as well. I went into the basement and found water was dripping through the ceiling. I pulled out the dishwasher and found that water has been leaking from the unit.

I could clearly see that water running out of the motor casing. I placed a large bath towel under the unit and ran it. There was enough water to fully soak the towel. I called KitchenAid for service.

The technician showed up and informed me that I was looking at a $400 repair. A gasket/washer on the motor housing failed. The washer can't be replaced, rather the entire motor assembly has to be replaced. I'm being charged $400 for a $2 part.

The technician said that this was a common repair. I called KitchenAid and complained about the quality of the unit, the cost of the repair, the apparent faulty design of the unit, and the extensive damage to my floor. They didn't care about any of it. They just kept repeating that the unit is out of warranty, and there is nothing they will do.

Last time I ever buy anything made by KitchenAid.I'm looking at a $400 repair and several thousand dollars worth of damage to my kitchen.

Review about: Kitchenaid Dishwasher.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer support was a bit cold, Cost to replace a simple seal is outrageous.

Had an Experience with Kitchenaid?

Comments

WP2008

Hi b-boy, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at NAR_Customer_Solutions@KitchenAid.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, Review #1123554 and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from pissedconsumer into the email as well.