KItchenaid is aware their Ovens Often Malfunctions after using Self Cleaning Feature
In anticipation of Thanksgiving I used the self-cleaning feature on my relatively new (2 1/2 years) old Kitchenaid oven today (Model KEBC107KSS05). After I did this, the oven would not heat up. When I called customer service, I learned that this happens with some frequency when the self-cleaning feature is used. I was advised to turn off all power to the oven for 5 minutes and then turn it back on and that it might reset and work again. It did not.
When I called back to customer service, I was told I would need to make arrangements to have a service call to repair the oven. The second representative confirmed that this type of malfunction is something that is not uncommon and she helpfully advised that she had a similar bad experience using the self-cleaning feature on her oven and she just doesn't use that feature any longer.
It is now 7:30 pm on the night before Thanksgiving where 21 people are scheduled to eat dinner at my home and I now have no way to prepare that meal. I feel that Kitchenaid clearly has sold me an appliance touting a feature that it knows has a high likelihood will ENTIRELY DISABLE THE OVEN. I am guessing I am not the only person who has been in this exact situation on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. The least they could do would be to include a warnign in the product materials or on the oven itself not to use the feature if it happens to be really important to be able to use your oven before a technician can get out and repair it.
This is the sort of knowingly untruthful marketing that should result in a class action lawsuit against Kitchenaid. You shouldn't market an oven as having a useable feature, when in fact there is a pretty darn good chance that using that feature will render the entire oven useless and result in the need for an expensive service call.
I suspect when this problem became known to Kitchenaid corporation, there were managers who had the same thought and who decided not to incur the cost of either re-engineering the product or sending a product advisory to customers, in order to avoid expense and bad press. This is not a company or a product that should be supported.review #162871
You may also like
- "We purchased a Kitchenaid Type 577-1 stainless steel dishwasher and in less than three months it is rusted on every inside panel. Kitchenaid told us that rust was not..."
- "This refrigerator is quite cheap, but don't this let the price fool you. The quality of the stainless steel is the worst. After 3 months since we purchased it, front..."
- "I was buying two metals one been gold pamp ,been out of envelope, second I bought Opm silver one kilo bar look like clay color of silver is white..."
- "The flowers were not what i expected almost dead and not completly a Filled Vase for the price i paid $99.95 . end up buying form local florist alot cheaper..."
- "Our delivery arrived two hours after our order was placed burnt and the delivery guy actually asked for a tip. We called to complain and the manager gives us ten..."
- "My friend was having a serious surgery and 4 of us gals agreed to go in on a nice floral arrangement for her. I offered to place the order..."
- "These are some of the problems. I have reported in the home. Caroline refuses to come to the home to see the issues. These are not pricely repairs, this is..."
- "Why does every 12pack of pepsi have 1 or 2 empty or flat bsd tasting soda i pour out. This is every day. Im addicted to it like ppl with..."
- "When I ordered my tickets I specifically ordered Floor table section. when my tickets arrive in the mail they are floor section standing room. When I log back into Bigstub..."