KItchenaid is aware their Ovens Often Malfunctions after using Self Cleaning Feature
In anticipation of Thanksgiving I used the self-cleaning feature on my relatively new (2 1/2 years) old Kitchenaid oven today (Model KEBC107KSS05). After I did this, the oven would not heat up. When I called customer service, I learned that this happens with some frequency when the self-cleaning feature is used. I was advised to turn off all power to the oven for 5 minutes and then turn it back on and that it might reset and work again. It did not.
When I called back to customer service, I was told I would need to make arrangements to have a service call to repair the oven. The second representative confirmed that this type of malfunction is something that is not uncommon and she helpfully advised that she had a similar bad experience using the self-cleaning feature on her oven and she just doesn't use that feature any longer.
It is now 7:30 pm on the night before Thanksgiving where 21 people are scheduled to eat dinner at my home and I now have no way to prepare that meal. I feel that Kitchenaid clearly has sold me an appliance touting a feature that it knows has a high likelihood will ENTIRELY DISABLE THE OVEN. I am guessing I am not the only person who has been in this exact situation on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. The least they could do would be to include a warnign in the product materials or on the oven itself not to use the feature if it happens to be really important to be able to use your oven before a technician can get out and repair it.
This is the sort of knowingly untruthful marketing that should result in a class action lawsuit against Kitchenaid. You shouldn't market an oven as having a useable feature, when in fact there is a pretty darn good chance that using that feature will render the entire oven useless and result in the need for an expensive service call.
I suspect when this problem became known to Kitchenaid corporation, there were managers who had the same thought and who decided not to incur the cost of either re-engineering the product or sending a product advisory to customers, in order to avoid expense and bad press. This is not a company or a product that should be supported.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Ya in cash delivery no problem,bought a lot of stuff and have been a costumer long time..It my first time to have a returned item and requested for a change..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "Unit purchased April 2013 in BrandSmartUSA. Over the last few weeks, increased continuous noise, like a buzz; from time to time, another noise like a clack clack for periods of..."
- "This is what aweful mess Susan with Mastercuts did. Poor quality work with poor quality hiring by management. This is what i took a picture of still at the store..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "My name is Joseph Boccella I called because my Shark navigator hose rotted out,Model NV10026 the cord stamp is 3411 I felt rushed and your employee putting words in my mouth,all..."
- "I was recently employed by Party City. The management never sat down with me to help me set up my ADP Self Service Portal. Today I went up there and..."
- "Horrible customer service. DO NOT ORDER FROM MODLILY. Tried canceling an order before it was shipped no reply. Submitted 2 tickets and was never contacted by anyone. Tried contacting them..."