KItchenaid is aware their Ovens Often Malfunctions after using Self Cleaning Feature
In anticipation of Thanksgiving I used the self-cleaning feature on my relatively new (2 1/2 years) old Kitchenaid oven today (Model KEBC107KSS05). After I did this, the oven would not heat up. When I called customer service, I learned that this happens with some frequency when the self-cleaning feature is used. I was advised to turn off all power to the oven for 5 minutes and then turn it back on and that it might reset and work again. It did not.
When I called back to customer service, I was told I would need to make arrangements to have a service call to repair the oven. The second representative confirmed that this type of malfunction is something that is not uncommon and she helpfully advised that she had a similar bad experience using the self-cleaning feature on her oven and she just doesn't use that feature any longer.
It is now 7:30 pm on the night before Thanksgiving where 21 people are scheduled to eat dinner at my home and I now have no way to prepare that meal. I feel that Kitchenaid clearly has sold me an appliance touting a feature that it knows has a high likelihood will ENTIRELY DISABLE THE OVEN. I am guessing I am not the only person who has been in this exact situation on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. The least they could do would be to include a warnign in the product materials or on the oven itself not to use the feature if it happens to be really important to be able to use your oven before a technician can get out and repair it.
This is the sort of knowingly untruthful marketing that should result in a class action lawsuit against Kitchenaid. You shouldn't market an oven as having a useable feature, when in fact there is a pretty darn good chance that using that feature will render the entire oven useless and result in the need for an expensive service call.
I suspect when this problem became known to Kitchenaid corporation, there were managers who had the same thought and who decided not to incur the cost of either re-engineering the product or sending a product advisory to customers, in order to avoid expense and bad press. This is not a company or a product that should be supported.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Unit purchased April 2013 in BrandSmartUSA. Over the last few weeks, increased continuous noise, like a buzz; from time to time, another noise like a clack clack for periods of..."
- "Hi! My KitchenAid Dishwasher has a design flaw that KitchenAid will not acknowledge. The distributor that I got the dishwasher will only cover issues for a year from..."
- "Alright, I am a bright college graduate that got stuck in a small rural town taking care of my ill mother for the time being and "quick applied" on Career..."
- "On 01-12-10 after receiving a great bid from Nick Duffer at dufferconstruction.com & the owner of Duffer Construction phone number 214-405-8932 Toll Free 1-888-383-3370 address 5067 County Rd. 2632, Caddo..."
- "I bought a living room set for 2200, But when i got my furniture my recliner wasn't there just a regular sofa went back to the store sales person..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "In 2014, I bought 2 variants of Oakley TINCAN. the first one is Tincan (004082-02). Since it was nice, I bought the second one in september 2014, OAKLEY TINCAN..."
- "Print Execution did not meet the Proof Quality!!! We chose sheet-labels for the reasonable prices and low minimums, in additional to the quick turnaround. We approved LEGIBLE proofs and received $250..."
- "The best before April 2016 date was misleading. This box was incorrectly stored I guess. What a waste of this otherwise great chocolate company .So unhappy! ! The..."